“Treated like family”

Arrandale Lodge Guest House
Ranked #11 of 80 Norwich B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed with Olga and Maurice for 4 weeks while I worked a temporary contract in Norwich. From the initial email dealings to checking out, everything was professional but more importantly, warm and friendly. They went out of their way to help me! Breakfast is delicious (I was partial to an omelette or a full English/Irish Breakfast) and there is a fridge and a microwave for guest use, which came in very handy for me. Olga and Maurice are incredibly friendly and I felt as though I was treated as well as family-they always had time for a chat and knew my breakfast preferences very quickly-Maurice even lent me reading material!
My room, a zebra theme, was nicely sized with a wonderful ensuite and had lovely tea/coffee facilities with biscuits and water replenished daily. I also had a nice view of the backyard area, especially wonderful as there was quite a bit of snow while I was in Norwich. They knew all the transport links and even sat down with me to help me figure out the best way to get to work. The B&B is on a main roundabout and there are numerous buses that go by-or it's a nice 30 minute stroll into the city centre. For it's location, it wasn't very noisy. They had good suggestions for restaurants/pubs in the area and things to do in Norwich itself. The rooms had free wifi and each is themed to a South African or Irish design as Olga is the former and Maurice the latter. Olga even organized to change my pillows with no problems as the first night the pillows were too high for my neck. The attention to detail is wonderful and this place is truly a wonderful testament to them.
If I am back in Norwich, I will certainly be back to Arrandale Lodge! Highly recommended to all!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Arrandale Lodge a few times over the past four years. It is a wonderful guest house.
We have stayed in a number of rooms and they are all excellent, as is the attention to detail. The rooms are very well presented, lovely décor and furnishings, clean, warm with comfortable beds and pillows. A good sized flat screen TV. Tea/coffee tray, biscuits, bottled water. Hair dryer, Informative local information book and reading material.
Beautiful en-suite with complementary toiletries and white fluffy towels and bath robes.
Breakfasts are very nice with quite a lot of choice.
Olga and Maurice are lovely hosts and really make you feel welcome.
We can highly recommend Arrandale Lodge, it is a credit to Olga and Maurice.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Spent 6 nights at Arrandale while getting my daughter settled in at UEA.
Even before we arrived Olga and Maurice were helpful: My daughter is subletting a room and was able to arrange that the room keys could be left at Arrandale as we arrived New Years day and no one would be able to meet her at her apartment.
We arrived in Norwich early morning and were lucky enough to check in early .
A lovely room with a double bed, african themed, large ensuite. Guest can come and go as they please with their own entry. If you do not want to be in your room all evening , there is a lovely guest lounge.
Breakfast is in a bright breakfast room: tea, coffee, juice, cereal, fruit granola, yoghurt..followed by a full english breakfast.
Bus stop is right next door..easy ride to downtown.
Lots of tourist information available , your hosts will also recommend nearby restaurants.
What impressed me the most was their sincere interest in their guests. They always had time for a morning chat...and seemed to remember previous conversations. There were quite a few returning guests, with which they seemed to be well acquainted.
Safe , clean, comfortable, personable and affordable...what more could one ask for.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Very reasonably priced B&B, about 15 mins walk to UEA (which is why I was there with my son), very close to bus stop to UEA/Hospital or town center (that is walkable but half hour plus)

Owners were very welcoming, helped out in terms of finding places to eat (we went to Earlham Arms, which was nice inside, good food not too pricey, but quite limited menu). Good breakfast, usual cooked plus cereals, fruit, yoghurts etc, but good range of all this.

Bedroom was large for a twin, with desk, TV, etc. Free wifi which was also fast.

Excellent value.

Room Tip: We stayed in a front room and traffic was not an issue by 10ish, but if you need to get to sleep ea...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I'm not usually a fan of b&b's but stayed here for work at it was lovely.

Highlights:
-My room was gorgeous and beautifully appointed.
-Bed and bedding were so comfy.
-Breakfast included and made to order as you like it.
-Very close to UEA and the town centre.
-Amenities provided in room including a bottle of water, shave kit in bathroom etc. and lovely bathrobes.
-Free wifi in the room.

Area for improvement:
-Water pressure in shower could be better but it's perfectly adequate.

Room 4 would have been lovely for a couple. I think if a major hotel had rooms and service to this standard it would cost you 2 or 3 times as much so great value for money.

Room Tip: Room 4 was mine and it was stunning.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family group (4 adults) stayed here for 2 nights in mid-December 2012. The guest house is spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and the rooms themselves are lovely. Olga and Maurice are perfect hosts and we cannot recommend this place highly enough.

Room Tip: We had room 5 which is spacious, with a large separate bathroom.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here last April with my mum, sister, and our friend during my first visit to England. Not only was it beautiful, but Olga and Maurice were incredibly nice. Breakfast was fantastic, the beds were clean and comfortable, and each room had it's own adorable decor. It was close to the University, as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends