“Lovely change ”

Giggling Squid Norwich
Order Online
Ranked #149 of 908 Restaurants in Norwich
Description: Our Giggling Squid in Norwich is probably our grandest and biggest to date. We thought “we’ve made it – the cathedral is our neighbour!” If you know Tombland, it’s the lovely, large Grade II listed building right in the centre with the stained glass windows. Of course we loved it straight away (who wouldn’t?) but it was a challenge to make it feel cosy. I baffled the builders by asking them to help me re-create a pergola. Something to surprise guests with, and also to create a sub-space within a big space. They thought I’d really gone mad when I started weaving flowers through it! Feedback from our guests has been lovely, and the builders are eating their words.
Reviewed January 21, 2020 via mobile

Really enjoyed my first trip to this restaurant. Beautifully decorated and some very insta-worthy opportunities !
Menu is lovely and clear for all allergies. The staff are friendly and very helpful with choices and our waiter had a very good knowledge of what types of rice and noodles went well with each dish. The waitress we had was brand new and on her first ever shift and she was lovely and will be a credit to the restaurant.

I had the prawns for starters and the beef for main and they were amazing!

Thoroughly recommend and will definitely be returning.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (577)

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Visited after the Norwich v Spurs game. It is only maybe 10-15 walk from the stadium. Good welcome & shown to a table. All the food was very good, service efficient. We enjoyed the night and recommend.

Reviewed January 8, 2020

I hadn't been to Norwich for years but when last there I went to a Jazz bar. I decided to revisit it but found it had become a Thai Restaurant. My first reaction was disappointment. However, it was short lived. We went in as a couple and liked what we saw straight away. At this point I have to say it is not a traditional Thai. It is however very modern yet tastefully carried out. The staff are excellent and once served they do not keep bothering you by asking if everything is ok? The menu is not over-facing yet comprehensive. What I also liked was that as you are shown to your table you are asked for any special dietary needs. If you tell them you are Vegetarian or Vegan they will cater for you very well. The food we had was of a good size portion, served within ten to fifteen minutes and of a high standard.

I would certainly visit this restaurant again with no hesitation. The cost was reasonable and in my opinion worth every penny.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 28, 2019 via mobile

Came here with a group of friends. We’re welcomed and shown to our table, which was presented nicely.
Great selection of food and drink, however they had run out of most of the white wines! We asked for a bottle of wine and was told they had run out, chose a second- again run out, third one we asked for they only had enough for one glass. Gave up on wine and opted for an overpriced G&T.
Food was superb in presentation and taste. Service was good too.
Toilets are upstairs (unsure about disabled ones) and these were clean and tidy.

Reviewed December 24, 2019 via mobile

Had a meal on 22/12/19 with my daughter before going to the Christmas service at the cathedral. We have been before at lunch time and enjoyed the food. This visit was even better, food was spot on and staff very friendly and attentive. We both felt very relaxed and chilled out after a few rushed days, it was just what we needed. Booked on line which was hassle free. Will definitely go back and highly recommend.