“Overrated!”

Ranked #28 of 876 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: No 33 is a small independent cafe located in the heart of Norwich on Exchange Street. We serve great coffee, hearty breakfasts, freshly prepared lunches and delicious homemade cakes in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Reviewed August 16, 2014

I had been wanting to try this café for a very long time after seeing everyone's pictures on Instagram of food and people recommending it to me, but from my visit today I was a little disappointed. I felt like the waitress was rushing us and despite the food looking delicious, it really wasn't all that. I had the pancakes, but they were dry and the fruit wasn't fresh. It also said they came with maple syrup, but I literally had a dribble on there, so I asked for more, which I had to get up from my seat to ask for because the waitresses were so busy, I was charged an extra 40p, which was fine, but I just felt they were a little stingy with it. No one came back to check on our food, and no one asked us how it was when they cleared our plates. Overall, not a good experience. I think I will try this café again, but definitely not at the weekend and only for cake and coffee in the future.

heathgate, Owner at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2014

Thank you for your feedback, I'm really sorry to hear that your experience of No 33 didn't meet your expectations. I will pass the feedback onto the kitchen and waiting staff so that we can remedy these issues in the future.
We do get very busy at times but we always always try to maintain customer service standards. Obviously we fell short on this occasion; I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for this and give us another chance in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I have been here a handful of times for brunch/lunch. Always a pleasure - the food is so yummy, my favourite is their Eggs Benedict and the Chai Latte is out of this world! On top of this they have an array of lovely cakes, we usually buy a slice to takeaway and they are so light and delicious. The only down side is the popularity - the queues can be long (but it's worth it!).

heathgate, Manager at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Thank you so much for your lovely review, reading it has put a big smile on our faces. We appreciate it so much when customers take the time to offer their feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nichola :)

Reviewed August 11, 2014

There is just something pretty special about this Cafe that draws me to it every other weekend!!! The breakfasts are great, I always have the Eggs Benedict and I can't fault it. I keep meaning to go back for Cake one afternoon as they look pretty awesome but there is always a queue half way down the road!!! If you are lucky enough to get a table you will not be disappointed!

heathgate, Owner at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2014

Thank you so much for your review, it is so lovely to receive such glowing feedback. We look forward to seeing you again soon, perhaps for that slice of cake? Often the queues appear worse than they are (a downside of having no waiting area) they usually go down pretty quickly.

Thanks again

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Everytime I come back to Norwich I love to visit this place, food is 10/10 and cakes are the best on the city, poppy lemon seeds is my favourite, eggs benedicts is a must as well as a salad with eggs, bacon and chorizo
Unfortunately living in Italy I can't enjoy it every week end but try it, coffee are very nice too and place is cozy.

Thanks so much for your review, we always appreciate feedback from our customers, especially the happy ones! Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again when you're next in the country .

Reviewed August 7, 2014

We head here every time we go to Norwich and when our son visits us he insists we go there! I almost don't want to say how good it is because it's already difficult enough to get a table. You have got to have the eggs benedict with either lovely Norfolk ham or salmon - both fantastic as is any of their wonderful cake!

heathgate, Owner at No.33 Cafe Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

It's wonderful to hear back about your experience of No 33, we're so happy to learn that you've enjoyed your visits. It's always great to hear such lovely feedback. We very much hope to see you again soon.

Thanks again,