“Cake!!”

Ranked #28 of 880 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: No 33 is a small independent cafe located in the heart of Norwich on Exchange Street. We serve great coffee, hearty breakfasts, freshly prepared lunches and delicious homemade cakes in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This little gem serves up some of the best cake and tea in Norwich! I am always extremely disappointed when it is closed. Lovely staff, beautiful cake and all very good value for money!

Reviewed June 15, 2013

We ate here for lunch on a busy Saturday. We had a brief wait (10 minutes) and were seated on a table near the service bar. Drinks were served quickly and our order taken promptly. The service was excellent. The club sandwich was huge and my wife loved it. The breads were gorgeous as was the humous and the olive oil with balsamic vinegar. The special was a garlic mushroom and goats cheese salad with sun blush tomatoes and rocket salad. This was really lovely. The mushrooms ( and there were loads) were served whole, with melted goats cheese and onions. The flavours were simply wonderful.
It is remarkable how well this place does in every respect, every time. From the lovely service which is pitched just right, to the atmosphere and the food. Those who complain about the wait should stay and enjoy the food and then they will know why they have to wait.

1  Thank JRLOTBC
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband and I go to no 33 every week and when we have days off we sometimes go twice a week. We have been here with family members as well who also love it! It is a fantastic place to go and eat and I love the buzz in there! Food is outstanding and the staff are so lovely and helpful and they will always accommodate if you want to vary something on the menu! It is also very reasonably priced! Although small that is what I love about it! They do now have more seating upstairs! But I love all the hustle and bustle that goes on downstairs. What a fantastic place to go to eat! The cakes are amazing.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Lovely little cafe with the most amazing homemade cakes I've ever seen! For a start there are so many to choose from - I had trouble deciding what I wanted because they all looked and sounded fantastic. My Mum and I got such a shock when we were served the biggest slices of cake I think we've ever had; they were so large we couldn't completely finish them (and that's definitely unusual for me!!) We had the carrot cake and it was gorgeous. They were surprisingly cheap considering the size and the quality too. Staff were really upbeat and friendly which always makes for a pleasant atmosphere. I will definitely be going here again.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I go frequently to Cafe 33 with my husband and just want to add our praise to this lovely little cafe. It is run by a bunch of really hard working, courteous, efficient staff who are unfailingly cheerful even when they are under pressure. It is a small premises and because it is, quite rightly, now on the map and more and more people have discovered it, there is often a queue to wait for a table. But the wait is absolutely worth it. The food is absolutely wonderful, the cakes divine and nothing is too much trouble. We wish them all the best for the future, they deserve it.