“Still as good”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Caversham House

Caversham House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Norwich
Caversham House
Ranked #47 of 86 Norwich B&B and Inns
Worcs
“Still as good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

This was my second stay at Caversham House, this time on my own. Even though 3 years had passed since my first stay, nothing had changed. The welcome was as warm as before, and nothing was too much trouble. Everything was clean and bright. The room was comfortable with everything you could need - even a toothbrush, and the shower was as constant as last time. I couldn't recommend it more. Thank you Don and June.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank PKJM
caversham-house, Owner at Caversham House, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Thank you. We are always pleased when our guests enjoy staying here.
It is so helpful to know that our standards of comfort are constant and are
meeting the expectations of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012 via mobile

I worked in Norwich for 17 months and stayed with June and Don for all that time, I was made to feel welcome from day one right through to the end, in fact I left feeling very much part of the family. The rooms are comfortable with everything that you need and the sitting room with fridge & microwave facilities got used every night. My wife stayed one week and used it as a base to explore Norwich (whilst I was trying to earn a crust) and she had a whale of a time. I cannot think of a negative thing to say about my time spent here. Highly recommended.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
caversham-house, Owner at Caversham House, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Thanks, Paul. We do appreciate your kind remarks.
We miss you appearing every Monday evening. Sushi also misses you.
Hastings, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

I couldn't recommend this establishment more. Very friendly and comfortable, with great food. And only a stone's throw from the centre of Norwich.

Room Tip: I have stayed in a double and a single room here: both quiet and very well furnished.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
We are very pleased that you felt so comfortable.
You are welcome back anytime.
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2011

We stayed for 1 night at this lovely B and B as my daughter was moving in to her room at UEA the following day. We received a very warm welcome and were told we could use the little sitting room to watch tv or even bring a takeaway in to eat in there. My husband and I had a twin en-suite and my daughter had a single en-suite, both very clean and comfortable rooms and nicely decorated. Tea/coffee making facilities were in the room and there was a tv. There was plenty of storage space. That evening we walked to Magdalene Street which took us about 20 minutes and had a very nice curry at the Nazma restaurant. We had a lovely continental breakfast in the morning - juice, cereals, danish pastries, croissants, toast etc. It was just us staying there so we had the table to ourselves. It was very homely. Our host was very helpful with information and even printed something out that my daughter needed for uni. A very pleasant stay.

Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank amh59
caversham-house, Owner at Caversham House, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thank you for your kind remarks, they are much appreciated. We hope your daughter has settled into uni and you are not missing her too much. regards June and Don
Verden (Aller), Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

We are a German couple and visited friends over there. The landlords a very nice and caring people. The rooms are very clean and fondly furnished. Beside your bedroom you can use a living room and free Wifi. Breakfast fullfills all your whishes. we can with full heart recommend to have a stay at caversham house.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
caversham-house, Owner at Caversham House, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to seeing yoy again.
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2011

We had a really lovely time. The owners were friendly and helpful with advice on where to visit. The place itself offered us everything we needed and was very comfortable and quiet. It was only a short walk into the city and there was a laundrette just down the road. We parked out the front of the house in the front yard which was really convenient. We would stay here again. There was a television, mircrowave, toaster, fridge, tea, coffee etc in the guest lounge. In the room you could also watch television and make tea or coffee.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
It was a pleasure to have you stay here.
We always enjoy meeting people from other parts of our
beautiful world.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

This is a real gem of a B and B. I was greeted with a warm welcome and shown to my immaculate double room. Whilst there was no ensuite, I was given the key to my own private bathroom. I had access to a comfortable downstairs living room with use of a microwave, television and kettle. The breakfast was excellent - especially the home made muesli - and the whole place had the feel of a family home. Nowich is a beautiful place to visit and Caversham House is fairly conveniently located to the north of the city. I would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business