“Buzzy atmosphere and tasty fodder”

Unthank Arms Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #191 of 829 Restaurants in Norwich
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A lively pub, wih a warm, relaxed atmosphere, excellent dining and a varied, extensive wine list, all sold by the glass!Fab garden and courtyard. Perfect for weddings, parties and BBQ's!
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Buzzy atmosphere and tasty fodder”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I hadn't booked a table as it was a Sunday evening and I assumed it would be fairly quiet. Wrong. It was humming.

Getting a table was not much trouble after a few minutes of standing at the bar having a beer.

I had the roast chicken with stuffing, roast potatoes and various veg. It was really tasty with plenty of meat (breast and leg) and a generous pouring of gravy.

The pub has a lively, locals atmosphere and the staff are really friendly.

I will definitely be going again soon.

Norwich, United Kingdom
“Even with a gas outage, The Unthank still delivers”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

As a regular to The Unthank Arms I guess I could be accused of bias.

However, having arrived for lunch with 2 friends, settled in with a bottle of Pinot Grigio and about to order from the very interesting specials menu, we were told that the Gas had suddenly stopped and there was no way of cooking anything fresh.

Staff training has really paid off as they coped brilliantly and although not what we were hoping for the Cheese Board, olives and fresh bread were great.

All the staff deserve a medal for keeping pretty stroppy customers, fed and happy!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Revolting chips”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had a disappointing dinner here. We both ordered fish and chips, normally can't go wrong with that choice - they can! The chips were the most horrible things I've ever eaten, no crunch, just pieces of potato floating in oil on my plate, so revolting I couldn't eat them. The fish was however a generous size and the batter was crispy, would have been nice if it had of been seasoned. Mushy peas and tartare sauce were average. Food and drinks a bit pricey for a local pub, even if it is in the Golden Triangle. Wouldn't bother.

• Visited January 2013
“3rd time not lucky”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We live fairly close to this pub (hence the repeat custom) and have popped in a few times for food. Each time we have been we have left feeling dissapointed. The service is fine (bit slow but its always busy at the weekend). The chips were horrible, possibly twice cooked, way too greasy and with a whiff of fish. The curry was nice to start with but then i noticed how much oil was floating around and it put me off. I really want this pub to be nice but the food needs to step up a bit.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Norfolk_Cat
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Super roast - great value”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We ate as a table of 7 and all left with satisfied, full stomaches! We all selected the Sunday Roast and found this to be superbly cooked and presented with exceptional value for money. Seating area was pleasent and children were welcomed and entertained with crayons. On the negative side service was abit slow and we had to request drinks when our glasses were dry! However we will be returning!

• Visited December 2012