“Totally unexpected”

Mannequin Cafe C.I.C.
Ranked #6 of 355 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Reviewed May 29, 2019

So my wife and I with dog were taking external pictures of the Empire Theatre when we spotted the cafe across the road - not least somewhere for lunch. I went in to check the dog would be okay if we sat outside, and could they do sandwiches. What nice friendly staff - they offered us water for the dog and said if we couldn't find something on the menu they would crate something for us. The sandwiches were freshly prepared and came with salad and garnish. My coffee was also freshly prepared and a very nice lunch indeed. Found it by accident - it is a place worth remembering

Date of visit: May 2019
2  Thank Ken J

Reviewed April 6, 2019

Went today first time we thought it was a new place but has been open for 4 years, very nice staff the owner is beautiful, kind hart and spirit.

We had an English breakfast, what fools after waiting for our food we soon realised there were much better things on offer. The breakfast was perfect and the sausage we full of meat!!!

They do polish food too so am really looking forward to going back, we did try the beetroot soup today and we loved it, so that will be a must for me every visit.

It has a very nice atmosphere and unlike English businesses they actually like their customers, a guy came in at 3:35pm they close at 4:00pm and asked for a breakfast and the cooked one, how many times in English cafes have I been in 45 mins before closing to be told "the oven is off"

This place deserves support and they definitely have mine

Date of visit: April 2019
2  Thank 773MarkW
Reviewed March 19, 2019 via mobile

We popped into the mannequin cafe yesterday me & my husband. I had a beautiful cheese & onion toastie and he had scrambled eggs on toast served with a fantastic cup of tea, we’ve been a few times and never disappointed great service, fantastic & warm welcoming staff we will defo be eating again. It also does a lot of Polish meals. Brilliant 5* from us.

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank LorraineB0
Reviewed March 19, 2019

Some places just can't help being outstanding. Manequin cafe is one of them lovely people smashing food what can I say love the place.Many thanks keep up the good work my wife & I call when in Middlesbrough. It always makes our day

Date of visit: March 2019
1  Thank NunthorpeMike62
Reviewed February 9, 2019 via mobile

This has become a favourite family eatery in Middlesbrough. There is always a nice welcoming atmosphere and the service is very friendly and efficient. The quality of food is always excellent and it’s well worth trying the Polish specialities. Even more importantly, you must save room for the delicious homemade cakes.

Date of visit: February 2019