“Very caring staff”

The Treebridge Hotel
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
Reviewed October 24, 2013

A large group of our family stayed here for a couple of nights to attend my father-in-law's funeral. Staff were very sensitive and caring. The hotel was the venue for the wake; everything went really smoothly and the buffet provided was good quality and appropriate.

Our rooms were spotlessly clean and comfortable. We had some problems with the showers, which had rather low water pressure, and the temperature would suddenly change from very hot to very cold; this could have been exacerbated by us all getting ready for breakfast at similar times.

The restaurant was very busy and popular, especially on Sunday evening. The quality varied between the various orders, but generally seemed better on the a la carte choices. Breakfast was good, but lacked any fresh fruit, yogurt, cheese etc, for those who prefer something lighter than a cooked option. Again, praise for the waiting staff, who were really friendly, good humoured and helpful. One plea from us is please please DON'T serve tea at breakfast from flasks. It is horrible, stewed and unpleasant tasting.

Overall, a good stay, given the circumstances, lovely staff, a little on the expensive side.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Ash, the room pictured. Double aspect, spacious and bright, and although at the fr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went to the treebridge hotel last night for a tea time meal, they have an early dinners special on, where you can have 1,2,or 3 courses, prices range from £7.95 for 1 course upto £13.95 for all 3 courses, plus the al a carte menu.
We had a 2 course meal, we both had the pork and beef meatballs for starters and I had the beef curry and my wife had the roast beef for our mains.
All the food was excellent and well presented, as were the staff that severed our table and also from behind the bar.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I are quite seasoned diners, and have paid for some quite expensive bills for mediocre meals in our time. However, we heard about Treebridge through friends and decided to give it a go. We went on a Monday night in pouring rain expecting an empty restaurant. However, there were quite a few tables filled.
We settled for a 3 course meal for £13.95 each. Yes, I know, 3 courses for little more than a starter. Our expectations weren't too high, we expected a meal consisting of plain fare. How wrong con one be? My starter of beef strip stir fry would have put most Chinese restaurants to shame, every forkful was bursting with flavour, and there was enough to qualify as a main. My main was diced lamb with in season vegetables. Once again everything was cooked to perfection, full of flavour, piping hot and served with a smile. My dessert of pear and almond tart served with real whipped cream, provided the perfect finish to a First Class meal of excellent quality food, served in a convivial atmosphere by waitresses who obviously want the diners to enjoy their meal. I cannot recommend Treebridge Restaurant too highly, Go on give it a go, you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
treebridgehotel, Manager at The Treebridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Sir, I am very pleased that you enjoyed your experience at the Treebridge hotel, our main aim is customer satisfaction and i am happy that we accomplished this for you. I will pass this review on to the staff and look forward to welcoming you in the future. Thank you

Reviewed October 11, 2013

We visited here to celebrate my daughter's graduation from University so there was a large party of us & we'd pre-booked.
The section that had been reserved for us was in the restaurant rather than the bar and was lovely.
The staff were lovely and the service was 5*.
The food, as always, was excellent - and very reasonably priced for the quality.
The Treebridge never disappoints and made my daughter's night one to remember.
Would recommend this place every time!!
(The Fajitas are well worth a try!!)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
treebridgehotel, Manager at The Treebridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Hi, Thank you for your lovely comments, we really appreciate you taking the time to write this and will pass this to all the staff. Congratulations to your daughter on her graduation and hope to welcome you back soon. Thank you

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I took advantage of the Weekend Special (on a Monday) and for £125 enjoyed a 3 course meal, lovely bottle of wine, gorgeous en suite room and a full English breakfast. ALL the food was exceptional and the desserts were to die for. The staff were very friendly and the service was second to none......will we go again?...... Without a doubt!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 18, 2013

8 of us had an enjoyable good quality meal in the restaurant, although it was nice to see that the bar area has been redecorated. Service was leisurely, which was in keeping with the occasion. Last item we were in for the early bird at the beginning of August we did wait a long time for our food, so tonight was an improvement.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I were invited to The Treebridge for an evening meal to celebrate our son's fiftieth birthday. We both had chargrilled chicken with Yorkshire blue cheese and mushroom sauce. Mine was acceptable without being notable and the sauce contained a nice range of mushrooms and was of a reasonable standard. My accompanying vegetables were also of a reasonable standard. Two other guests chose Chicken Parmesan which they found to be bland and what taste there was in it, was not very pleasant. I tried their dish and came to the same conclusion. It is some time since we used this establishment and we have no plans to return. It could be that for some reason the food was not up to the usual standard as our son told us that he has used the restaurant frequently in the recent past and has never had a bad meal, until tonight.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesbrough
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel
Gisborough Hall Hotel
Gisborough Hall Hotel
#1 of 2 in Guisborough

Been to The Treebridge Hotel? Share your experiences!