“Never disappoints”

Ranked #32 of 355 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 3, 2019

Just beat the lunchtime rush, pro tip get there before 12-30! Always busy with a varied customer range and staff fare so friendly. Ordered ham and cheese omelette and a tuna cheese melt, both with fries, pot of tea and a diet coke. Really tasty, homemade and freshly prepared food. Prompt as well only taking ten minutes to reach our table. Only slight complaint is the portion of fries is quite small for the price, though really tasty.

Date of visit: June 2019
SimonF3078, Owner at Baker Street Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Hi Adventurer828136

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit. We were pleased to read that you enjoyed the food and service. We are always grateful for the feedback and will certainly take on board your comments regarding the fries for the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Myself and my fella had the pleasure of dining here last night on one of there themed nights
Thai food my absolute favourite:

Firstly very warm welcome and very friendly staff so definitely off to a great start, ordered our drinks and then out came prawn crackers and the best chilli dip ever!
Starter was a sharing plate believe me delicious!
Then for me best thai main 'nasi goran' flavours perfect just the right amount of heat, rice cooked perfect and belly pork melt in the mouth!
My fella had the green curry and said it was delicious with a good kick
Overall the restaurant's decor is cosy and classy, service faultless, price reasonable and there chef definitely know his stuff
Thankyou for a lovely night and hugely recommend to anyone!

1  Thank samboandbert
SimonF3078, Owner at Baker Street Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2019

Hi Sam,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review, your kind words mean such a lot to the whole team. We are glad you enjoyed our theme night, we have plenty more in the pipeline, check out our website or facebook page for more details!

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed May 28, 2019 via mobile

Had drinks and snacks today sat in the lovely booth seats ,comfy and nice atmosphere.was approaching lunchtime and getting fairly busy,decent menu and prices,pleasant staff.all food delicious.

1  Thank realdeal_9

Hey!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we were all please to hear that you enjoyed your visit. We hope you will be back again soon!

Regards

Reviewed May 18, 2019

This was the first visit made here but had read good reviews prior to going. Staff were friendly enough but after ordering waited 40 minutes for our food, with no apology for our wait. Waiting is not usually an issue, especially if the food is worth it but on this occasion I’m sorry to say it wasn’t. The hotpot was dried up as if it had been on the hot plate too long, waiting to get to the table. The five bean chilli was very tomato based and not much sign of the beans. On the strength of this visit, we won’t be going back.

Date of visit: May 2019
SimonF3078, Owner at Baker Street Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2019

Dear J_Q40

Thank you for your most recent review of your dining experience with us.
I am sorry we weren't able to deliver our usual standard of food and service on this occasion. On the day in question we did experience longer waits than usual due to being really busy and for this can we apologise. May I assure you however this is not our usual level of service and should you choose to ever return please let us know so I can make sure you are looked forward with my best personal assurances.

BSK x

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

As i love afternoon tea, this was bought for me as a gift for my birthday., as my friend had been ill i invited her to join me, I was embarrased to say the least.. as soon as we walked threw the door the smell of grease hit me.. no staff to be seen and had to wait until a lady appeared.. we were seated by the window, as it was a very hot day i asked if i could have water rather than tea or coffee.. Yes but ull have to pay for it was the reply.. OK.. now bearing in mind you have to give 48 hrs notice as all food is fresh and needs preparing.. i was looking forward to something nice... Hmmmm curled up stale sarnies were the first offerings, followed by a shop bought sausage roll, okish!! Scones nxt, butter had melted, the jam is 1 little jar that was not sealed but just topped up.. cream was in a jar and had turned into water and curdled, disgusting and totally ineadable, ohhh the show stoppers were a shop bought brownie and a shop bought lemon drizzle thing....no offer of a top up of tea for my friend. when the lady finally did appear and i mentioned about the cream she looked shocked and said she would mention it to the chef... and what was he going to do uncurdle it???? finally to add insult to injury i got charged £3.25 for the water!!!!! all in all a very dissapointing afternoon

Dear Julie R,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your most recent experience with us. We were disappointed to read that you didn't enjoy our offerings on this occasion. Can I assure you that your feedback has been taken on board and will be taken in consideration for changes we will be making in the near future to our menu. All of our afternoon tea products are in-fact home-made including all cakes & sausage roll so we were disappointed that they seemed to you as shop bought, this has been fed back to our kitchen as has further training been implemented with our front of house team with regards to check backs and offering second drinks.
I was sad to read that you were insulted to be charged for water when you dined with us, however at this time we aren't able to offer bottled water in replace of other drinks with the particular groupon voucher you dined with on this occasion, this is due to it already being a discounted price of 50% off, we unfortunately wouldn't be able to this kind of discount if it included swap outs.
May I please again thank you for your feedback it has been extremely useful for us in moulding our future experiences as of course we want our customers to enjoy their time with us.
I am sorry that on this occasion you didn't enjoy your afternoon tea with us but we hope it does not deter you from returning to us in the future. If you do choose to dine with us again in the future please let us know and we ensure you are looked after with our best personal assurances.