Not sure where to start here, the whole hotel is tired and dated and in urgent need of refurbishment. We were forced to eat in the restaurant because of finishing work late. I was pleased to be told we were in luck because the curry chef was on, curry of the day turned out to be turkey left over from Mother's Day. All the meals were over priced. My colleague asked what the Coq au Vin came with and was pleased to be told chicken. At breakfast he asked for water and was told there was plenty of water in the orange juice? Thankfully this was a business trip I wouldn't pay my own money to stay here. There is one positive the gym is well equipped.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 140 bedroom hotel set in 20 acres boasting a lavish bar and grill, leisure club with 25m sparkling pool and fully equipped gym. Handy for both business and pleasure with good transport links to all major towns and cities, extremely handy for shopping at the 'metro' centre - Europe’s largest indoor mall. Close to all major tourist attractions including the North Yorkshire Moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Sporting Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Sporting Hotel