The hotel has a very old theme to it. The furniture, carpets, utensils, kettle, cups in room...everything is old. There had been good attempt to have it nice and clean but I guess it's just so old that you feel like in the 60s? The wood/carpet/old washbasins, pot...smell...walking down the endless corridor reminded me of the movie "the shining". Like no one has stayed there for long, and yet you hear random noises behind the doors easily even if someone's watching tv. The shower was terrible, only hot boiling water, the controls only made it even hotter. This is the first I have experienced.
Now, the food: Excellent, the staff: greatly helpful, the service: prompt & friendly, gym& pool: very well stocked and maintained, plenty of space and equipment for exercise. Overall, a great place to stay let down by lack of investment. Please provide your lovely staff a better hotel and see how many business travellers make this their home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 140 bedroom hotel set in 20 acres boasting a lavish bar and grill, leisure club with 25m sparkling pool and fully equipped gym. Handy for both business and pleasure with good transport links to all major towns and cities, extremely handy for shopping at the 'metro' centre - Europe’s largest indoor mall. Close to all major tourist attractions including the North Yorkshire Moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Sporting Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Sporting Hotel