The room was adequate, but absolutely freezing, I could see my breath when I first walked in - totally uninviting when you first arrive - you have to put the heating on yourself - they are obviously on a cost-cutting exercise, albeit at the expense of the customer's comfort.
Staff were pleasant in the restaurant, but the food was vastly overpriced - one pint of lager along with pie and chips came to just under £19 - be prepared because there is nowhere else to go unless you are prepared for a walk. And I'm sorry but if I have to pay £19 for a basic evening meal I expect wifi in the room. There was no 3G signal, and whist there is wifi in reception, it is a small reception and considering the number of rooms in the hotel it's not surprising that you can't get somewhere to sit with your laptop/device.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 140 bedroom hotel set in 20 acres boasting a lavish bar and grill, leisure club with 25m sparkling pool and fully equipped gym. Handy for both business and pleasure with good transport links to all major towns and cities, extremely handy for shopping at the 'metro' centre - Europe’s largest indoor mall. Close to all major tourist attractions including the North Yorkshire Moors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Middlesbrough Hotel - Sporting Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sporting Lodge Inn Middlesbrough Hotel Middlesbrough
- Sporting Hotel Middlesbrough
- Middlesbrough Sporting Hotel