“Clean, Quiet and Great Value”

Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Middlesbrough
Wales
“Clean, Quiet and Great Value”
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Friendly helpful staff, a spotlessly clean room and a comfortable bed. Who could ask for anything more.

The room itself was surprisingly large considering the price. And it had far better facilities than you'd expect from a budget hotel.

I would definitely stay there again in the future

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We were staying to attend a family get together and the hotel is vey convenient. There is plenty of parking and the rooms were comfortable and quiet. The straff were also very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Westerham, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for two nights with my sister. The purpose of our trip was to visit relatives. We found it very comfortable, clean and had everything we required e.g. kettle, and hairdryer. Very easy to park the car. Booking the room was easy and the staff were friendly and helpful.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Edinburgh
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night and found it to be very comfortable, I slept in for breakfast but the staff were very good and rustled up a 5* breakfast within ten minutes

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
West Yorkshire
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed here with a friend as a place to crash after a night out - what a great find! Rooms were really nice and the staff were top notch. I had forgotten a Birthday card for a friend (left on my desk at work - not that you need to know this, it's just in case the friend reads this and thinks I had totally forgotten!) and asked at reception where the nearest shop was. The lovely lady disappeared into the back office to return with a clutch of cards telling me to take one. What a star. Would definitely stay here again. Top class staff!

Room Tip: Staff are amazing!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Arundel, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I stayed here for the 2nd time yesterday 31/10/11 and yet again found the staff to be very friendly and efficient. The room was spotless and as I was allocated room 219, which had a wet room for disabled clients, although I am not disabled, this facility was excellent. I asked reception why I had been allocated this room and was advised they have 4 disabled rooms but when busy, they are allocated out, if not required.

Full English breakfast was excellent and the waiting staff very attentive and helpful and again I was asked if I wanted more when I had finished.

The Toby Inn next door is accessible from the car park and although I did not have a meal the bar staff were friendly and I spent a pleasant hour chatting to others at the bar.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2011

I arrived around tea-time, found a parking space in the spacious car park. I entered the hotel and was greeted in a very friendly manner by the receptionist who registered me without any hitch. I was asked if I was aware of the 'good night guarantee' and made aware of the 'Toby' pub/restaurant adjoining the car park. I went to have a look at my room and was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the room and in particular the temperature as so many hotel rooms are often too warm. This was perfect. I then went to my car for my bags, washed and changed for dinner at the 'Toby' restaurant.
Unforunately I should probably have gone for something from the a la carte menu but chose to go for the carvery. I had roast pork with crackling (separate) corrots, peas, brocolli, mashed potatoes, roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding with gravy.
The prospect of this was really appealing but I'm afraid I was quite disappointed as the roast potatoes and veg seemed to have been cooked some time previously and kept warm, and the 'crispy' crackling was so hard that I couldn't bite through it. I was quite disappointed as I love crispy crackling. The staff were very pleasant and, had the food been to my liking, it would have been reasonably priced.
I probably had the best night's sleep I have ever had. There were pillows that suited me perfectly. I always take my own pillow with me when I have to stay overnight but have never needed to use it at a Premier Inn.
In the morning I went down to breakfast, within the Premier inn and was greeted by an extremely plesant young lady who took my cooked breakfast order and explained very well about the self service parts of the breakfast. The food was first class, the service was first class and I couldn't fault my stay at the Premier Inn other than the carvery.
I would wholeheartedly reccommend them to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Middlesbrough
Holiday Inn Express Middlesbrough - Centre Square
#1 of 2 in Guisborough
Highfield Hotel
Highfield Hotel
#9 of 11 in Middlesbrough

Been to Premier Inn Middlesbrough Central South Hotel? Share your experiences!