“Where's the gravy”

11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Where's the gravy”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently went to the Riverside with a group of friends for Sunday lunch. The staff were very nice and the only criticism would be that when asked about a certain dish the waitress was not sure what it was. I personally felt the meal was a bit rushed, there was not enough menu's at the table and we were expected to make our decision immediately. The food was of a good quality but there was very little gravy on the plate, I asked for extra gravy, actually I asked for a bucket full - there was 9 of us, and I received one small gravy boat, gravy is not that expensive so why not give plenty. As I said the food was good and the meat was cooked beautifully but would I go again - not unless they improve the gravy boat situation, who wants dry roast pots and veggies - not me.

Visited March 2013

• Turkish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
273 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 193 helpful votes
“NICE STADIUM BUT WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD TIMES GONE?”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My wife and I have been season ticket holders at the Boro’s Riverside Stadium since it opened in 1995 and, while it’s now looking somewhat less than lavish, it’s still a smashing stadium with excellent facilities (and well worth a visit). Over the years we’ve made many friends and still meet them there often. However, it’s just a shame that the standard of football been played there in last few years hasn’t managed to pass the test of time as well.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank David S
Rotherham, United Kingdom
119 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 142 helpful votes
“Up the Boro!”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

A great stadium, was one of the new "breed" following Hillsborough and Bradford disasters. Have seen loads of games here, and when there is a big game on it really rocks. Boro fans are very vocal, plenty of wit and wisdom. Have always felt safe here, and stewards/staff always seem helpful and cheerful. The Club shop is worth a visit for supporter buys, and has plenty of sale bargains at the back end of the season.
Still living on the 8:1 thrashing of Sven's Man City. Those were the days!

Visited February 2013
Chesham, United Kingdom
187 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“A personal touch”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I came to The Boro for mother's day to remember mam who was a Boro lass. I booked a tour and was the only person on the tour. The guide was very helpful and now I have loads of photos because he was kind enough to take them all with me standing at all the important parts. A must for any body even vaguely connected to the area.

1 Thank Mintyburble
north-east
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“match visit”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

the actual game was good and the craic of the supporters was excellent, the facilities were average with long queues and not enough staff the stewards were unhelpful and surly. This observed on other groups of supporters as we had no reason to ask them anything

Visited November 2012