“its a McD but the service is usually quick”

McDonalds Coulby Newham
Ranked #28 of 30 Quick Bites in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: Fast Food
Description: It's a McDonalds! (and a pretty bad one so I need to tell the world)
Reviewed April 9, 2012

one of the faster serving McDs, although it's very popular and there is generally a queue in th drive thru

Date of visit: April 2012

Reviewed February 13, 2012

So it's a McDonalds, it does what McDonalds does, cooked as well as Mconalds does and so you don't need me to say any more on that.
The restaurant part is reasonable, service is okish, cleanliness ranges from decent to poor depending on how busy it is, and to be fair it's usually packed with messy kids.

The biggest problem with McDonalds in Coulby Newham is the drive-through, it's a nightmare!
The whole point of drive-through is that you don't have to get out of your car, the whole process is easier, quicker, you get your food and you go, that's the idea.
Here it's slow, go early or late, go at eating times of the day or the exact opposite and there'll always be a queue, but I can forgive them that.

They do have an annoying habit of getting it wrong, things missing, the totally wrong order, etc meaning you have to check it before you drive off, and this might partly explain why it's so slow, BUT I will even let that issue go too.

The problem here is the Grill Parking which the staff constantly use as a holding-pen (come fobbing off area) so your out of sight just to get the queue down, or at least make it look like it has. YOU WILL go to the parking bay, they must have a sign on the wall saying so because regardless of what you order, how busy it is, etc you still get shoved in there.

And here's the rub, when your in the Grill parking your forgotten about, your invisible and the burger that you would normally get in a couple of minutes inside suddenly takes 10 minutes, 15 minutes or even longer. I've been sat there many times with other people in cars at the side of me who were so frustrated we eventually all got out and went inside to get it ourselves.
I am SO fed up with this happening the last time I thought I am NOT going in there again, I will order something they surely MUST have ready, a Big Mac meal and a Coke! Yes, I will order a Big mac meal so they cannot stick me in the Grill Parking even though it wasn't what I really wanted but guess what!!! Yes, into the Black hole of the Grill Parking I went for a BIG MAC MEAL!!!

I don't mind a McDonalds, it's not the best food ever but it fills the gap and sometimes it's all you want so in no way am I against this chain and what it serves, I also live near this place, it's right on my doorstep and I literally drive past it twice a day so I want this place to be better.
I will forgive all the other problems but PLEASE sort out the drive-through and for gods sake, STOP using the Grill Parking!

Date of visit: February 2012
2  Thank Obzi
Reviewed January 27, 2012

The food here is to a normal mc Donald's standard but the service is very poor. Certain managers are clueless and have no customer service skills.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Children friendly. children menu and highchairs. also were giving each child a balloon. Children happy meals provide a toy every time.
Do a good choice on the menu something for everyone. Clean tables the only thing was toilets were not very clean and smelly.

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Nice and clean and very quick service. I ordered a burger without cheese and instead of having to wait ages, it was only a few minutes.

Date of visit: November 2011