“"simply the best food,I have ever tested in any indian Restaurant'”
Review of Namaste - CLOSED

Namaste
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“"simply the best food,I have ever tested in any indian Restaurant'”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I am a fan of Indian food.i always try to test Indian food whenever i got chance. I have enjoyed the food of NAMASTE beyond my expectation. Food is really delicious here.again i can say food is simply the best in namaste.

• Visited May 2012
Thank mohammad mozamm... h

Beverley, United Kingdom
“You Can Do Better, We Hope!”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I have tried almost all Indian restaurants in Middlesbrough over the years and have come across varied reports about Namaste. Undaunted, we went on a Wednesday night. A Banner hangs outside the place advertising a buffet Monday-Thursday.

On entering, We could see the buffet serving trays all lined up but were told that this was only available on Thursday. Banner was misleading but we wanted to order a la carte in any case to sample their freshly prepared food. An item on the menu attracted my attention: Steam Roller Chicken dish was apparently inspired by an incident when someone saw a chicken being flattened by a steam roller. Some may find that totally inappropriate for a food menu but I am not the squeamish type! In fact, one of the best chicken dishes I have ever tested was in Damascus where the chicken looked so flat that it could have been run by a steam roller. My wife on the other hand played it safe and ordered the classic Indian Railway Curry. This curry is cooked the world over in discerning restaurants and is indeed wonderful.

We waited for about 25 minutes for the food to arrive and were told by the waiter that it will be a while as it's prepared fresh, which we were pleased to hear. Food was served and my first observation was that chicken just looked like your everyday chicken (not steam rollered if you get my drift) and was covered with a vegetable curry sauce. Ok, so the chicken must have been able to dodge the roller but it was tender and moist, but the sauce was just your average vegetable curry sauce. Nice but nothing special for the most expensive dish on the menu at £10+ without rice or naan.

As for the Railway curry, the lamb was tender with no gristle or other nasties but the curry sauce itself was again average. Portions were generous and you certainly left the place feeling full.

This is a small place, seating about 24 people. The décor was not to our taste and the music was a bizarre garage/dance mix that would appeal to teenagers. Thankfully, it was not too loud to spoil the evening. We got the feeling from the guy who served us and the chef who came out to speak to us are very "fragile" about their reputation and were very, very eager to please. We think that this is as a result of some of the spurious and terrible feedback that they received. Our advice to them is to concentrate on preparing better food and the good feedback will follow naturally.

In conclusion, we think that Namaste can produce better food than what was served to us that night. We are happy to give them the benefit of the doubt and go again.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Abulkeek
“Namaste is wonderful”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband and I ate at namaste last night. Normally we get food delivered from here as we have two small children and not much time for ourselves, but we got lucky with a baby sitter :-). When we have the food delivered it is always excellent quality and very tasty, however, both of us agreed that the food was even more amazing eating in the restraunt! The staff, the atmosphere and the food were all perfect. I would recommend visiting namaste to anyone. Beautiful beautiful food!!! Can't wait for our next time :-D

Helen & Jonathan - Middlesbrough

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Amazing food as always!”
Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Must have been here at least 20 times now since it opened. The food is always unbelievable.. best indian food for miles. Beats all the locals hands down. Fresh, tasty, flavour-y! Just simply gorgeous. Have to recommend the massala chips to go with any meal! Tonight there were 4 tables full which is probably the fullest i've ever seen it, which is such a shame as the food is so nice! The atmosphere was better than it has been in the past, too quiet if youre the only table in. Some indian music may improve the atmosphere, to help fit in with the meal. It was obvious that the new waiter was inexperienced but he was still very polite and friendly and did everything he needed to :-). All the food was perfect. Prices very good. Owner is lovely. Definitely recommend this place if youre into indian food and have tried the others on Linthorpe road.. you won't regret it :-)

“Wonderful food!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We heard about Namastay. Me and friends been Friday night. My friend had 'Chicken Jalfreizy' and I had 'Chicken Biryani' with vegitable curry. Also we order nan bread. We enjoyed the food which was real Indian flavour that we never experienced in north east England. We recommend 100% to try the food at Namaste. We will be back!