“It's worth waiting for freshly prepared, delicious food”

Jamal's Fine Indian Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 302 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“It's worth waiting for freshly prepared, delicious food”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I've been to Jamal's a few times this year and it keeps slipping my mind to write a review but I'd really like to share that the food is amazing here. Jamal is very hands-on and wants you to enjoy his food. When he has waiters on duty, service is at an expected pace however when he doesn't think he's going to be busy he runs the restaurant and kitchen himself and therefore if there is a sudden rush of customers service can be slow. Jamal explains that there may be a delay and whenever I've been I haven't been in a hurry (and have been happy to sit chatting) so this has never posed a problem to me but if you are in a rush or have to be somewhere you may want to go elsewhere and come back to Jamal's another time.
The food is worth the wait, the best curry I've had in a restaurant; my mother and daughter share this view.

• Visited December 2013

Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
“Good food but lacking in other areas”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

The food was really nice, priced a little higher than competitors around the area but not something which would deter me from returning. The waiter was a little useless, we waited about 20 minutes to finally order something as we had to wait for the chef to finish cooking to take our order. The decor is dated and could do with a little update, I would return again!

• Visited December 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very poor attitude of staffs”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I happen to witness this very poor attitude of one of the staff and other probably the owner, towards a young couple with their child who might be 2 or 3 years old. The child was like any other child of the same age group, playing with her parents. I heard the staff telling the parents to ask the child to be quiet on 2 occasions. Rude!!!
I think the parents got annoyed and wanted to leave the restaurant and asked for the food ordered to be given as take away. I was shocked to hear the owner saying "No take away here". Then he realised we were looking at the young parents and then asked his staff to give it as take away.... very rude!
I will not recommend families with young kids ever think to step in to this restaurant. I will never go to this restaurant ever....

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank N K
n.west of england
“Nice touches but not the finished article”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

When reviews said the chef would make all meals himself I was very sceptical but can confirm this is true-and a nice touch too. We arrived early but within the stated opening times and the place was shut but in fairness to staff they opened up and put us at ease. Food/wine was expensive in relation to other Indian restaurants.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank thenobster58
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent food but slow service”
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

The layout of the restaurant is a little bit dated with carpet flooring and tables quite close to each other, made the atmosphere a little awkward. Had to wait quite a while to order and then for the food to arrive as there were only two members of staff but when the food arrived it was fantastic. Really excellent and worth the wait!