“not suitable for large groups” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Pharmacie Bar & Grill

La Pharmacie Bar & Grill
Ranked #20 of 289 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Yarm, United Kingdom
“not suitable for large groups”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

I booked this restaurant after lots of fantastic reviews for as special evening for a friend. As the group size was 16 we preordered food in accordance with their wishes. To start with the service was fantastic, we had arranged champagne and cocktails upon arrival which were timed perfectly. Starters were late which we didn't mind and received complimentary bread and olives as a result. Problems started when 4 parmesans were lukewarm and needed sending back. One of which was still undercooked when it was returned. 2 main courses still had not arrived 20 mins after the rest of the groups meals. As host, I complained to the duty manager and to be fair, he agreed that this was unacceptable especially since we had preordered and we agreed we would not be charged for the meals concerned. Upon bill receipt, they had no record of our large deposit (luckily I had a receipt as proof). The worst part is it cast a dark cloud over a planned special night. And then, 2 hours later I started feeling unwell and was rather Ill and had to go home where I continued with an upset tummy in to the next day. Not drink related as I only had a couple and can only blame the scallops I had as a starter. I am very disappointed. I have to add that some of the meals served were lovely. Shame.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank claire h

redcar
“Fab food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went here with my daughter a couple of weeks ago and had an absolutely fabulous meal. The staff were very friendly and very attentive. Will definitely go again.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Disappointed with menu”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Booked here for valentines night with my wife. We have been here several times before and always enjoyed our evening, waiter always knows what we drink. We asked for the menu only to be told it was a set 3 course valentines menu and not the regular one. We then asked why and we're told that the cook didn't want to cook too many dishes. I did not fancy anything off the menu and was going to leave and get a taxi home but my wife persuaded me to stay. The meal that I chose was ok but not what I wanted, will not be going there on valentines night again

Visited February 2014
middlesbrough
“Rubber duck and rubber steak”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Duck arrive half cooked so was sent back and the expensive steak was mostly fat and chewy, will not be going again.
spoilt the evening

• Visited February 2014
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Treated absolutely terribly by the staff!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Came here on a night out. The food and drink was fine. Left my coat on a chair and when I came back someone had stolen it. I informed the nearest staff member and was basically told to take a flying leap. They refused to look at the CCTV so I could find out who had taken it. Not sure these people are schooled in the art of customer care.

• Visited May 2014