“Good job it has friendly staff”

Toby Carvery Marton
Reserve a Table
Bookatable
Ranked #53 of 352 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 27, 2019 via mobile

The star rating is based on the friendliness and service of the staff and the pleasant wine - as a carvery the quality depends on the meat , and seeing the server struggle to carve small pieces of dŕy looking pork and gammon- I elected for the beef as it was still looking moist and in a large joint - my mistake - uncuttable and chewy, the gravy had plates keeping warm on the tureen so was unavailable, as was the carver who had disappeared as I made my way down there .
The matter was resolved quickly by the under manager- so I will try them again when I'm in the area.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Just been here at dinner time and the place was filthy . Veg all over the place at the carvery . We were there an hour and not one person wiped it or cleaned it. Ordered carvery, the meat was near the end and fatty. The veg was cold. Partner got a casear salad and it was basically a plate of lettuce & uncooked bread instead of croutons. My 5 year old got chicken nuggets which were that hard they were like bullets. Woman came over to take plates and didn't ask if anything was wrong when plates had loads left on . I should of complained but I'm 4 weeks away from giving birth and just wanted to get out . Won't be visiting again in a hurry .

Reviewed April 20, 2019

I have been issued with a parking charge for the day my grandaughter and I had lunch at your pub on 10th April 2019. I thought that as a customer we would be entitled to park for the duration of our meal. There was no mention of this when we booked in so customer service has let you down!!!!!. This was meant to be a treat for me after my radiotherapy at James Cook Hospital. Can you please look into this for me. Thank you

Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

We were there as a large group only half of us had got our food and then the bloke doing the carvery disappeared without a word and by the time the rest of us got back to the table everyone else had finished their food

Reviewed April 7, 2019 via mobile

Delicious food. Chose lamb which was so tender. Good choice of fresh vegetables. Too full for dessert this time. £10.09, well worth it. Staff very friendly.