“Warm and comfortable oasis”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Middlesbrough
Linthorpe Guest House/Apartments
Ranked #4 of 17 Middlesbrough B&B and Inns
Bath, United Kingdom
“Warm and comfortable oasis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

Due to a sudden family illness, we had to rather quickly find somewhere to stay in the Middlesbrough area - and one confirmatory email later we had made a booking with the delightful Julie at her Linthorpe Guest House. Following an arduous five hour journey (traffic and snow) we arrived somewhat stressed and parked just outside. It was a delight to step into such a warm, welcoming environment - an oasis of calm! Julie obviously takes great pride in her guest house and meticulous care had gone into every little detail - our room had everything we could possibly have wanted: bundles of towels,robes, tea/coffee stuff, soaps, moisturisers, etc. A great bonus for us was free wifi in our room, and also the scenic view overlooking the historic cemetery. We found it no hardship having to walk a few steps down the corridor to the shiny bathroom, and we did have a hand basin in our room. Running such a small-scale guest house meant that nothing was too much trouble and Julie had the right balance between being on hand but non-intrusive.

Room Tip: Great views from the front bedroom.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lynda F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Epworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed at Linthorpe GH for the first week of a three month contract in Middlesbrough. Only reason I didn't stay longer was that Julie was fully booked for the next three weeks, so don't dither like I did. Nice room. Lack of en suite not a problem in my experience, but it does influence what time you get up etc. Good breakfast. Helpful hostess. Overall impression - great value for money. Thanks.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AndyMarr
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Had to cut my business trip short due to a job. Landlady was very understanding and patient. She gave me a full refund!
My only gripe was that it wasn't en suite which I should have enquired about when I booked it.....
Great breakfast and customer service.
Thanks very much!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Lurch40
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was doing a training course at TWI training and needed a place to stay. Julie made me feel welcome and was very kind. Each morning Julie helped me with warm water so I could defrost my car. It really is a home away from home, its a peaceful spot, all the decor is modern and fresh. I found it to be a good place to study at night in my room, there is a desk and a lamp etc, so if anyone else is going to study at TWI training, then everything is taken care of! The full breakfast is cooked perfect! Not over cooked or overly greasy! Would defo recommend to others and next time i'm down will defo stay again! I should mention that from the bed and breakfast TWI training is about a 10min drive. Thanks again - Andrew

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank flare0x
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I needed a place to stay for the whole of December (including Christmas Day) as I was a part of the Peter Pan Pantomime in Middlesbrough. Julie was the sweetest host, and would go above and beyond to make me feel at home. She was extremely accommodating, friendly and has a good story or two to tell. The bedroom was of a modern decor, spacious with a flat screen TV, DVD player, well connected speedy wifi, generous wardrobe/drawer space and most importantly a kettle!
This really was a home away from home for me, which it needed to be for the Christmas holiday, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend anyone staying here for any period of time. Whether it be an overnight stay or an extended stay, you will not be disappointed staying at Linthorpe Guest House :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

What can I say!? I spent 6 weeks at Julie's wonderful Guest house due to working in the Pantomime at the Middlesbrough Theatre.

I'm a real home person, so being away over Christmas is always tough, but I can honestly say that from the day I arrived to the day I left, it was a pleasure to call home.

I always looked forward to coming back after a long day at work. The rooms are large, clean, nicely decorated and well looked after. Julie is a legend and goes out of her way to make you feel welcome, It was sad to say goodbye after such a long stay. I would recommend it to anyone for business, family or pleasure.

Thank you again Julie, for everything.

Jack

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JackLane68
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was my second visit to the Linthorpe Guest House and although it was a short notice booking, Julie was able to fit me in for a 5 night stay. Since my last visit in May/June 2011, Julie has maintained the high standards she has set for the establishment - same friendliness, cleanliness and comfort that I experienced last year and, from the reviews, is offered to all who stay. Well done Julie and this B&B deservedly remains the most highly recommended in Middlesbrough. For me it is a home away from home.

Room Tip: The front room has a double and a single and a washbasin
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo