“Helpful, understanding and almost overwhelming”

Olivello Ristorante
Ranked #37 of 355 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Description: Located in Linthorpe Village, Middlesbrough, Olivello serves breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner until late. Seating 110 guests, the restaurant brings a new meaning to ‘all day every day, dining’ boasting; an open kitchen, pizzeria and cocktail bar, Olivello boasts a very authentic Italian Rustic look, which brings out the best of the old building.
Reviewed May 27, 2019

We dropped in for a light snack before going on to the theatre, there were four of us so ordering a sharing anti pasti, olives and a garlic bread (and a pudding?)seemed like a reasonable idea. We were asked about drinks three times in as many minutes and the food appeared promptly. It was very well presented and massive! The meat selection was very good but it was clear that we needed the doggy bag. The leftovers fed two other members of the family for supper; have to say it was good value!

2  Thank Mike L

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Arrived for a meal around 7pm, place looks the part & was fairly busy. Took a while for our drinks to be ordered, then food order was a while after that.
Had to wait 10 minutes for Parmesan cheese to be put on our meals & 25 minutes wait for a drink I had ordered.
Hair was found in food, manager became very aggressive explained he didn’t need our business & was very arrogant & nasty he then said that we should leave.Even his wife started an argument with us as she was drunk & offered us outside. Never known anything like it. Turd rolled in glitter ran by clampits!!!

9  Thank Ocean212n
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

I’m so shocked at the customer service we received here. I found a hair in my food which I had hardly eaten it and the waitress did apologise and offered to replace the meal which was good but it had put me off eating anything else. My husband waited for about 20-25 mins for a drink he asked for and when we got the bill my meal hadn’t been taken off so we questioned which I think was the manger (small man) why it hadn’t been taken off and he was abit blunt with us and said he didn’t know which was fair enough but then when we went to pay for the bill I said to him I wasn’t very happy with the service we received which he then turned around and said he didn’t need the attitude off us which we really didn’t have an attitude and he then said that’s fine I don’t need your business which then a lady at the door heard and said what you doing being ‘Chewy’ which I then said we weren’t and I found a hair in my food for her to then offer me out for a fight on the front of the restaurant??? Saying she worked there and it was her husband we were talking to (the manger I think) I was so shocked and will never return to the place as it was disgusting and embarrassing. Oh and for her to say ‘what you want discount can you not afford it like’ which was an insult, service was absolutely shocking I will be making sure none of my friends or family will be going there if they’re going to get shouted at, screamed at and offered out for a fight there not a nice restaurant.

13  Thank SJCNJB
Reviewed May 25, 2019

We came here for a friend's birthday last night, the majority of our group got a parmo and we weren't disappointed. This is a really good restaurant with great food, great choice, friendly staff and the beer is top quality. Already looking forward to coming back

1  Thank petermckeone
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

Wont be back here again.
No Italian influence in either the starters or main courses. Poor quality steaks full stop . Olivellos is in name only as they are certainly poor at cooking Italian food. Ive lived and worked in Italy for quite a few years and I know what im talkng about.
To the owners....get a grip and improve your cooking methods as you are getting paid good money from customers.

8  Thank JazzBoro