“Good hospitality”

and 1 more site!
Chadwick Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 18 Middlesbrough B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed one night here and it was very comfortable. Although the guesthouse was slightly far from the Middlesbrough station, the owner picked me up by car at the station.
The room, shower and bathroom were also very clean. I will choose here again when I visit Middlesbrough again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Chadwick Guesthouse

Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here because it was affordable, had a proper website and online booking. It was very convenient for me to guage the quality by the online reviews also. The place is spotless and the owner very polite and respectful. I loved my room which looked out on Albert park and had loads of sockets for my phone and ipod to charge and a TV with loads of channels, comfy bed and tea and coffee making too. Not en suite, but if you wash early evening do not have to compete with other guests for shower etc. Breakfast also very good and cooked meals arrive very fast. My only reservation of the experience is the small duvets and small heater. Next trip thoughI will bring thermals.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mintyburble
Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you think about what an English B&B should be, then this fits the bill nicely; although the owner Claudio isn't obviously British. The place is an old double fronted property that has been done up and everything is very clean, tidy and has a typically olde-worlde charm that only a good British B&B has. I've stayed in Middlesbrough on several occasions before and this place was by far the best. Nice breakfast too. As for the heating, I can only say that I had to turn the radiator down as the room was so warm. If I have to stop over in Middlesbrough again, this place will be my first choice.

Room Tip: All of the rooms seemed to be okay.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TheSpeaker
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Our twin room was clean and warm. Our (absent) host was helpful re iron and early breakfast. The beds comfy although duvet soooooo thin! Mishmash of furniture made it feel too "studenty". Breakfast was in a featureless and dull room which could be brightened up big time... as could TV lounge.
Decent sleep but no atmosphere or effort to make the place homely at all.
Could be a lovely place but couldn't help thinking "4 in a bed fail" the whole time... Average at best and wouldn't have paid the full whack if option.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gill W
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have been ther for 13 nights in January 2013. I was doing a course at TWI (the welding school).
Nothing to say about Chadwick... Clean, warm (outside was very cold and snowy) and safe.
The fresh breakfast is generous and made by Claudio (the owner) that is helpful in every moment.
I had to study a lot during the afternoon and sometimes at night and i never had any problem with noise ecc.
I will go there hundred times for sure!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank MarkoDesmo
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here for one night for an interview at the university. I contacted Claudio beforehand about leaving my bag in the b&b which wasn't a problem. When i arrived he was very welcoming, even helped me with all my bags up the stairs. Had a problem with my bank card while i was there, which he was so kind about and let me pay for the room the next day. The room was lovely, clean with plenty of storage space, television (with freeview) and desk area. Bathrooms were also very clean and well kept, was very impressed! He even helped me order in my chinese for the night. The next morning, the breakfast was lovely, had the choice of a full english, cereal and fruit. Claudio even helped me get back to the bus station as i didnt know my way! Only fault was the surrounding area can be a bit rough, but only if out after dark! Thankyou for such a lovely stay, made my interview much less stressful! x

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Catherine B
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I play in a band on the club circuit and when we have been in the north east we have stayed at Chadwicks on several occasions. Claudio is always helpful and accommodating, especially as we often arrive at unsociable hours. The rooms are always clean and tidy and the food is good. For the price, it is difficult to fault and it is always our first choice of accommodation when we are playing in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business