“Amazing food, will be going back ”
Review of The Green Room

The Green Room
Order Online
Ranked #38 of 355 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Reviewed June 9, 2019 via mobile

I had not heard of this restaurant before visiting, despite enjoying vegan/veggie food. We were a group of 6, mostly meat eaters and one or two were sceptical of the food, however by the end of the starters everyone was convinced. The cheese substitute is amazing, the menu is varied and the chef is happy to make any variations if possible. We were very well looked after, we found it hard to decide on starters so the chef suggested a selection of starters to share which was perfect. I would highly recommend the nachos. The mains were great and we managed to squeeze in a dessert to share which I wished I’d had more room for. The service was great and we were made to feel very at home, nothing was too much effort. I will definitely be returning here in the future

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank 405KateC

Reviewed May 23, 2019 via mobile

Five of us booked a table tonight, our table had a cute scrabble square reserved signed on it. All our food was delicious, the chef even came out to ask us for feedback on what we thought of the food. The chef and the staff were very accommodating to our tastes. There were two veggies in our group but the meat eaters enjoyed the vegan experience just as much. I had the vegan parmo which I would say is the best one I’ve tried anywhere yet. The chips and coleslaw were homemade and delicious. Would definitely recommend a meal there, we will return.

1  Thank lucykett
Reviewed May 8, 2019 via mobile

I’ve wanted to visit The Green Room since it opened and now I regret not going sooner.
This is a restaurant that’s doing everything right from the spacious dining room to the extensive menu to the adorable team running it.
I had my first ever Teesside parmo here and it surpassed my expectations. I could bathe in the cheese topping! The accompanying dressed salad and coleslaw were delicious and didn’t taste at all healthy!
I finished with the cherry chocolate cake and raspberry ice cream. My only complaint is the portion was too large and I couldn’t finish it! I was so disappointed as it was fantastic!
Even the bill was a pleasant surprise.
I’ll definitely be back. There’s at least five more main courses I want to try.
Well done to everyone involved! x

1  Thank HighC60
Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We recently travelled through Middlesbrough and came across this lovely family owned restaurant, producing excellent quality and tasty vegan dishes. I really enjoyed the mushroom piella, while my band mates loved the fajitas, the smooth and balanced hummus, the pear, green apple and parsnip soup, as well as the falafel pizza. We enjoyed everything so much we returned the next day for on-the-go salads for our continuing trip down south. I also bought a delicious and rich chocolate slice. The chef was really friendly and came out to chat - we heard a little about how he prepares his dishes as well as his background of cooking in Italy, with a focus on fresh and quality ingredients. Thank you to The Green Room!!

1  Thank Sus M
Reviewed April 17, 2019

While paying a brief visit to Middlesbrough, we came across this vegan restaurant by accident. Travelling as a vegan is not always easy so we sought out an Indian restaurant nearby but then noticed The Green Room. The decision to eat there was a good one as the owner/host was very friendly and helpful. We both enjoyed our meal and the portions were generous. We also liked the atmosphere and would definitely eat there again if in Middlesbrough.

Date of visit: April 2019