“Very rude manager”
Review of Sirkars Restaurant

Sirkars Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 353 Restaurants in Middlesbrough
Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Told the table we wanted was booked though this was odd as just opened and hardly any one in we ate our meal which was not good the plates were freezing cold hence meal was cold good choice of curry but was just warm a few of the plates were mucky we went to pay bill and the person in front gave his loyalty card back as he was not coming back due to the manager we asked why we could not sit at the table we requested and was told it’s for bigger parties was for 8 we were 6 people so we asked why he lied to us and he was rude not good service not an enjoyable experience won’t be going back

Date of visit: April 2019
3  Thank northeyterry

Reviewed April 12, 2019

The restaurant was immaculate and the range of food was amazing with something for everyone. I went last Monday with my daughter, her husband and 2 grandchildren,
The quality of the food was first class and was constantly hot. The deserts and ice cream were also great.
This is the 6th time I have been.
Thoroughly recommended.

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed March 19, 2019

I've been a few times now. If you go at night it is all lit up on the outside, it looks very good. Inside one wall is filled with water tanks filled with purplish water with air bubbles coming up from the bottom. I found it quite relaxing. The is 2 live stations with one serving noodles and the other a grill station. I started with the grill and had a few freshly grilled lamb chops. There are loads of curries, rice and naan breads to chose from.There is pizza and loads more things, There is also puddings and ice cream machine. All you can eat. No alcohol just soft drinks. Very clean and nice staff.

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank the_geeck
Reviewed March 12, 2019 via mobile

Upon arival the place look nice and welcoming I then rang the bell to be seated I waited and a man walked up to me wearing chef whites I thought it was a bit bad but I carried on, I was sat at the table and the man who took me to the table told me how it worked and was all happy; I then went up to get some food I wasn’t overly hungry so I got some garlic nan bread and some veggie spring rolls I also got a stir fry from the counter I picked the items I wanted in my stir fry the man then asked me what Meat I would like I said prawns he then puts the prawns on the plait cooked the food and put the cooked food on the same plait as the raw prawns have just been on, the nan bread tasted more like metal I can only guess how long they were out for and the spring rolls were full of peas and sweet corn never have I see that, anyway I thought I’d stick to what I knew was okay a chicken korma I went to get some boild rice and it was extremely dry so I went to the other rice the same again, so I just got some plain rice and thought I could moisten it with some sauce went to get the korma and it had a skin on it like a thick discolouration I got some anyway after staring I sat down at the table I tried the sauce and it was think a creamy never in my life have I seen or heard of a creamy korma.
I then went up to the bar to pay and the waiter / chef why I had only been sat for a little wile (about 10 mins) I then said about the korma and spring rolls he said the korma was the best around the area I found that very hard to believe, he then told me the price I said I wasn’t not happy paying for that as it was such Poor quality of food.
As a chef I also know my hygien rules and regulations with that I know that chefs should not be behind the bar in the kitchen uniform alos the man cooking should not have been in the shirt and I’m guessing the food had been out for way long than it is supposed to be, wile I was telling the bar man this he constantly said he didn’t charge me for the water baring in mind it was tap water I said “why would you charge me for a tap water you get it for free so why do I have to pay you for it I should have to pay” he then told me to f*ck off I asked to speak to the manager and of my surprise he said “I am the manager” he then told me to pay £5 instead of the £12.50 he wanted me to and I left I then went down the road and got a pizza it was loads better than the service I received from that place and he didn’t tell me to f*ck off. PLEASE DONT EVER GO IN THERE.

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank Wright_billy
Reviewed February 12, 2019

We always came here with all the family, we even came here on Christmas Day for 2 years with all the family. But stopped coming as much as prices went up and odd bits didn't taist the same.

Date of visit: September 2018