See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

Myself and my boyfriend stayed the night for a late Valentines and I was unsure following the mixed reviews, but I was pleasantly surprised!
Yes, there were some cracked tiles in the bathroom, which wouldn’t have been safe if small children were staying there. That aside though, it was only the lack of TV remote that was a challenge, but we sorted it.
The room was clean, well appointed and every amenity we could need. Moreover, the outdoor space meant the space was light and bright, even though we were in the basement.
We didn’t experience any noise at all and slept well.
Sadly, we were told that check-out was noon (a mistake by the booking site we’d used) so I was rather unceremoniously chucked out an hour earlier than I had been lead to believe: poor communication going on somewhere. However, I doubt this is an issue they management will allow to happen twice.
For what we paid, we had our money’s worth and I’d stay again.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2018 via mobile

Excellent location, quiet neighborhood close to the centre, Tube and buses nearby. Portobello market just a minute away.
Clean, cosy, reasonably maintained, everything worked just fine.
Effortless check-in and check-out.

Only drawback that comes to mind: we lived on the upper floor, and the water pressure sometimes dropped to null at mornings, making it difficult to go out on time.
Otherwise - excellent stay for a couple that spends most of the day out and only comes to the apartment to sleep.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2018 via mobile

A very handy appartmentette, close to transport and London amenities. It was clean, quiet and warm with good security. However, it has seen better days with grubby walls, chopped paintwork, cracked floor tiles and oh so grey towels. The beds were reasonable but with the cheapest bedding imaginable. Crockery was mismatched and much of it chipped. Poor TV reception with little choice. I didn't like the fact that fridge n freezer were regular appliances housed in cupboards, not proper integrated appliances, so they were quite hot. I turned off the isolation switch for the freezer and the fridge went off too. Dodgy electrics? Would I stay again? For the location and convenience then probably yes. Perhaps it will improve. Response to emails was good with queries answered but I didn't like to have to pay extra charges for early check in and cleaning. For Heavens sake account for this in the price like everyone else does.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2017

Stayed here last weekend with a friend and we were extremely disappointed with the apartment. The shower did not work which completely ruined our stay. We found the apartment to be very noisy as you could hear the loud traffic from the road below and the noise from people in the apartment above ours. Also the door handle was almost falling off which didn't appear to be particularly safe. The professional pictures are very misleading. We made a complaint and received no response. Would definitely not recommend and will not be returning.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Eleanor W
Reviewed November 5, 2017

This apartment was small and the photos make it look much bigger and nicer than it is. We were family with two teenagers and had very little room to move. One good thing was the loft with a double bed so the teenagers could have their own space even if they couldn't stand up there. The beds are old and uncomfortable and pillows need to be thrown out. The bathroom is so small that any large person would have trouble getting into the shower. There was no exhaust fan so it filled with steam very quickly. TV's didn't work.
The good things are great location, good, but small kitchen so we could prepare our own breakfast which saves heaps of money. So close to Portobello Road so could find places to eat and supermarkets. Internet reasonable.
I wouldn 't say don't stay there but don't expect what they show in the photos.

Date of stay: September 2017