“Cozy Italian food with good service”
Review of La Luna

La Luna
Order Online
Ranked #1,226 of 28,142 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Situated on Walworth Road, La Luna is a real treat if you���re looking for authentic Italian food and a welcoming atmosphere. This small family-run restaurant is popular with South London locals who make the short trip from Elephant and Castle and Camberwell to take advantage of the modestly priced menu. The rustic d��cor and friendly service makes it an ideal setting for lunch with friends or mid-week dinners with the family. On the menu, there are classic Italian pastas and delicious crisp-based pizzas that the kids will love. Popular dishes include the sirloin steak in a red wine and mushroom sauce; and the seafood risotto.
Reviewed November 6, 2018 via mobile

Italian restaurant with cozy decor. Would recommend the boar pasta and the Italian meatballs which were delicious. Thought they would be able to do a traditional Italian carbonara without cream but ended up a tad too salty and lacked cheese. Caprese salad was OK and service was good so I give it a 4/5 with the only thing lacking was the carbonara which I expected more of.

1  Thank Benadino7

Reviewed October 20, 2018

We were staying nearby and wnet to eat here after looking at the menu.

Lovely neighbourhood feel and repeat customers indicated a good choice, and so it was! Good range of menu served with attention and humour, and very reasonable bill.

They also do takeaways.

Reviewed October 8, 2018

I can't wait to return. My friend introduced me to La Luna as she is a regular customer. I had the lasagna which was delicious. Served piping hot. The staff were friendly and took extra care to warn us of the hot plates. So nice to see such an authentic family restaurant in London. Clearly the owners take a lot of pride. I've been told that the deserts are great.

Reviewed September 17, 2018 via mobile

I went to this restaurant with my boyfriend a few times, and as an Italian I can say the food i had was really good (parmigiana as appetiser and pizza quattro formaggi are amazing!).
This time was even better. We told the waiter (I’m pretty sure his name is Matteo) that it was my birthday, he was really nice and friendly. At the end of the evening, when I ordered the dessert, they turned off the light, put a candle on top and started to sing happy birthday to me. It may seem like a small thing, but I really appreciated it! Mainly because neither me or my boyfriend expected it, and I honestly thought Matteo didn’t remember what I said about my birthday. I loved the step further they took with me, they made me feel like a special customer.

Thank you so much!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 9, 2018 via mobile

This is one of my local faves. Family owned Italian restaurant that serves authentic delicious Italian cuisine. My “usuals” are Mozzarella fritters in tomato sauce (starter) and Spaghetti Carbonara (main).
By the way, did I mention that I had asked some of my skeptical Italian colleagues and friends to rate the food here and I got a very positive feedback for La Luna?

Date of visit: September 2018