“Great restaurant ”

Mildreds Kings Cross
Order Online
Ranked #1,218 of 28,203 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Third time eating here and with my niece who was extremely sceptical about eating veggie/vegan food. Good service and optional service charge. Preferred the mushroom pie I had at the Camden branch which came with chunky chips. Chips were not hot and not chunky. Minted peas were ok. Wish I'd ordered the mock chicken burger but was still good. Cheesecake was yummy. My niece enjoyed her burger and sundae. She was pleasantly surprised! Favourite course was the starter, tasty dumplings and the hummus comes with spicy chick peas on top. Unfortunately only comes with one flat bread which was nowhere enough for the portion of hummus. Had to order another portion which cost £1.60 which is a little steep as not very big. Will try the Camden branch next time.

Reviewed June 13, 2019

With all the amazing reviews, I just had to visit this establishment. We chose to order a range of starters and mains to get more of a sample.

I started with the 'Roman' artichokes with smoked garlic aioli that were rather good despite being covered with too much bland olive oil although I can't say they bore any resemblance to the fragrant Carciofi Alla Romana I have had in Rome.

The Skordalia with 'fire roasted' sweet stem cauliflower, spring onion and toasted almonds was satisfactory with plenty of chilli which was to my liking but a shame the chilli was all on the same part of the dish and again replete with the same olive oil. A salad of crispy kale was also good and fresh.

Where things fell down was the dreadful 'wood roasted' mushroom and ale pie that was anaemic in the extreme with no substance and left an awful taste in the mouth of 3 of the diners for the entire afternoon! This was served with what might have been frozen chips that were not hot enough together with reasonable mushy peas.

Another member of the party ordered Sri Lankan curry, sweet potato, green beans, cashews and basmati and this was a tasty and satisfying option.

Overall a reasonable lunch but far from wonderful or fabulous as many suggest and perhaps this is because, in my experience, vegan and vegetarian food is often over- salted to compensate for culinary prowess.

Service was fine.

Reviewed June 12, 2019

Great decor, the main bulk of the restaurant is made up of long tables so you sit next to strangers but I had no issue with this at all and I think it actually creates a nice, friendly atmosphere. I got the Soul Bowl which was delicious, however not massively filling for a dinner so would get a side too if I ordered it again. Staff were also really friendly, overall a lovely experience and would definitely come again!

Reviewed June 8, 2019 via mobile

The food was delicious and great for vegans & non-vegans alike. The service was excellent. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed June 7, 2019 via mobile

Arrived around 12:15 and was placed in a very tight squeeze between two other tables, the service was incredibly slow.
I ordered the Jamaican jerk tofu, I must admit the tofu was tasty but the dish was ruined as the rice tasted old and dry while the green beans were undercooked.
My mum ordered the mushroom and ale pie with chips, she was completely underwhelmed with it and the chips were cold and hard.
The price does not match with the quality of the food.

1  Thank Hmmmm211