“Better than expected”

Cafe Rouge - Canary Wharf
Ranked #6,429 of 22,659 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs
Description: Located with stunning waterside views and outside terrace dining, we have the perfect setting in which to meet friends or just unwind over a glass of your favourite. With a fantastic menu filled with delicious innovative takes on the classics and dishes inspired by different regions of France, there's something to suit everyone.
Essex
“Better than expected”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Booked last minute with two work colleagues as a pre Christmas get together. On booking we were told our table would be by the bar but we were not fussy given it was last minute and the week before Christmas.

On arrival however we were given a table in the main restaurant. Although absoluyely packed we did not feel to cramped. We were offered drinks whilst we selected our choice of food.Sevice was polite and efficient, especially commendable given how busy they were.

I started with french onion soup which was piping hot and delicious, thorughly recommended. As a main course I selected the chicken tagine. Again this was hot and really tasty, reasonably spicy but not over poweringly so. The olives and peppers were cooked to perfection.

Portions were plentiful and such that we chose not to have desert.

Overall a very enjoyable and pleasant experience and I would have no hestiation in returning.

• Visited December 2012

stockton on tees
“My favourite fast food joint”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I always enjoy a bottle of Leffe and a croque monsieur, good value tasty French food. On a cold day try the homemade soup and french bread yummy.

Visited December 2012
London
“Mussels Mouliniere”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

We only went for the Mussels and a Steak. This location is convenient if you work in Canary Wharf. Friday nights are just crazy which is why we stopped by in the middle of the week.

The mussels were good, the steak was good too. Definitely not the best we have ever had, but it was a pleasant meal. Service was a bit on the slow side for our liking (and we're not that picky about things like that usually). We had a bottle of wine as well and the bill seemed reasonable for the choice of restaurant.

Been to a few of the Cafe Rouge restaurants and they seem to be the same across the board, outside of location of course.

This location can be very noisy on busy nights. The tables encircle the bar and you will get a few people on occasion who like to hear themselves talk.

If you can't see the bar for people and you're looking for a nice, quiet and cosy chat by candle light enter at your own risk. Other than that it's nice enough for an impromptu mid week dinner.

• Visited May 2012
London
“Food standard was fairly poor”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

While the service was polite and quick, the food left something to be desired. My steak was barely warm when it got delivered to me, and I asked for rare and got medium (didn't bother asking it to go back as I presumed they would try to reheat and end up getting a well done steak). One of my friends ordered a peach iced tea, that never showed up even when we asked for it several times through out the meal. Overall it was quite disappointing.

Visited October 2012
“Noisier Cafe Rouge”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This cafe is a typical Cafe Rouge, food of which I personally always like, but this particular restaurant with its bar was noisier than other Cafe Rouge restaurants I have been too. Not appropriate for a quite evening or a business dinner.

Visited November 2012