“Never again”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: Our modern Vietnamese restaurant in Kingsland Road, Shoreditch emulates busy Vietnamese life, serving classic pho and aromatic street food.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This is my second review for Viet Grill, last time I said that I was disappointed that the prices had gone up and the portion size had reduced but that the food was still tasty. I decided to return once more to give them another chance but that was a huge mistake and never again!
Not only have the prices gone up again the menu has totally changed for the absolute worst!
I can't believe how an eatery can go down hill so drastically. In the past 5 years it has changed from somewhere I used to recommend to friends and family to somewhere that I will never visit again.

There are newer reviews for Viet Grill

Reviewed April 2, 2013

It was my second visit and yet again the food was absolutely spot on. food was full of flavours and you dont have to weait too long even though the restaurant is always busy. the negatives: a little bit to expensive for the starters in my opinion (£8 -£10),portions rather small-same for mains. The staff second time round was very confused as they kept coming with the dishes we didnt order and were looking for the destination table (3 times before we got our food). also,we recieved out main dish before our 2 starters... very chaotic..when the startes arrived,noone apoogised or said anything(lost in translation a little bit). not that it really mattered,as we had great time anyway but they could definitely work on service and kitchen-to-wait coordination.You must try their plum on ice wine-it's so yummy! be aware there is a discretional service charge of 10% (if i remember right,or maybe 12%) added to your bill ... you are not gettng warned. All in all, i would go there again despite all the confusion.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

It's a nice place, very well located. Unfortunately, we went around 10pm and were 10 people. 4 of us wanted the same dish, but had to chagne our mind because they didn't have some of the ingredients.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

Visited Viet Grill with my boyfriend and my mum in January, on a Saturday night. It was quite early so we were seated downstairs straight away. The restaurant was empty. We had literally 4/5 waiters walking around our table constantly checking on us in a very irratable way. We felt rushed, as soon as we finished a dish they were coming to remove it straight away. We were done in literally 45 minutes. Food is good but the service really disappointed us. We will not return.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

What wonderful food, the summer rolls (£4.5) were very tasty, we all ordered the pho (£9-12)which we found delicious. The service was appalling however- we were told we would have a 30 min wait for our table as the group before us had not yet left... 50 mins later we were finally seated - with no menus. When we chased up on this we were given drinks menus instead of food menus! After chasing up again, we received the correct menus and ordered... However one starter came 15 mins before the others, and one main did not come at all. We ordered wine, which came promptly but we had a 20 minute wait for glasses to drink it with, which we had to ask for repeatedly (they were being washed, apparently). The water we asked for never came. The food was tasty, the atmosphere was great, and it was clear the restaurant was very busy. I'll be back for the food, but will steer clear with any groups of friends.