“BRILLIANT BBAR”

Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
Reviewed October 25, 2013

We visited Bbar on 22/10/13 having reserved through Top Table - The premises is clean and has a good friendly atmosphere. The staff are attentive and very welcoming. We had the Angus Beef Burgers and fries which were plentiful and of very good quality. I had the BBAR short rib - which was very tasty and the Potato Skins are so scrummy it is untrue. We also had desserts - Rice Pudding and Caramel sauce with roasted nuts - the family had the ice creams and chocolate brownies. We were stuffed at the end - and I should mention that the kids also had Milk Shakes and allowed me a sip of them - wow I had forgotten how good these were. Anyway we then went to see Wicked - which is a stones throw away - hence another reason we booked at Bbar. We stayed overnight in London and were due to leave at 19.00 hours the next day - and so had to find some tea. I asked the kids where they wanted to go - and they immediately said - Bbar !! So we went back and had another lovely meal - the kids had yet another Big Burger - where as my wife had the Ceasar salad and I had The Rib-eye Steak - which was excellent. I didn't have a pudding - but treated myself to a Chocolate and Orange zest Milk Shake - which was heaven. The kids had a strawberry and a Passion Fruit. This was a nice end to a good trip - and I would definitely return. I t's not the cheapest place to eat but for central London - thought it was VERY GOOD value.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

I have been here a few times and will happily go back. Nice selection of Wines (although not the cheapest) and good food. Not had a main meal here, just small snacks. My girlfriend is South African so she loves some of the themed snacks that are available (e.g. the Bobotie Spring Rolls which are really nice).

The main thing is that they have good service. Friendly but not OTT.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is certainly one of my favourite restaurants in London and we are certainly spoilt for choice. When I am in the city I always try to make time to visit the place. I am always welcomed at the door with a cheery welcome back. The restaurant décor is of the South African Savannah, and they offer many South African delights, such as Biltong as a started, Boerewors sausages and the amazing zingy "money gland source" which is fantastic on steak. They also offer the famous Cape Brandy pudding. They have some excellent South African wines and the service is outstanding. The best bit is that prices are reasonable you wont have to re mortgage the house. Honestly this Restaurant is a treat

Reviewed October 19, 2013

The filet was one of the best that I ever had. The spring rolls were very creative and delicious. Service was excellent and prices were reasonable.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We went on the pretext that it was a South African restaurant, but didn't find a lot South African, but that did not distract from the fine quality food and pleasant African inspired decor. In fact, the fact that we didn't meet any SAfers in staff and customers was maybe a good thing, for whilst they have hospitality, service and food quality are not at the top of their virtues. Great food and nice colonial atmosphere with good meat, and a few SA specialities such as peri peri livers, served to us by a competent Eastern European lady.