“Good food, awful service!!”
Review of Bbar

Bbar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bbar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #221 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African, European
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
“Good food, awful service!!”
Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Popped in hoping for a table before the theatre. Was empty but the waiter made us feel very awkward for not booking - we got shown to a table.
The waitress who served us was uninterested and just appeared beside the table with the note pad- not saying a word.
Noticed other tables being told about the specials- we weren't and others getting pre theatre offers - we didn't !
When main plates were taken the waitress put the dessert menu in front and then returned with her notebook just standing. Assuming we wanted dessert. We didn't.
Asked for the bill. Was angry with 12.5% service charge- wouldn't mind paying if I had service!
The food however was very tasty.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank linzi1985uk

• Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Best Burgers in London”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Location is great - right near Victoria Station. The manager is welcoming and the food is excllent with generous portions.

Visited March 2013
somerset
“Delicious food great ambiance”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visited here on April 03 2012 before going to the Victoria Palace Theatre for evening performance. Arrived at 6 - show at 7.30! Staff really attentive had a lovely table and assured us we would eat etc in time! Ambiance really nice and calm with an African theme but not tacky at all - in fact expected a more pub like atmosphere but really pleasantly surprised - felt quite upmarket but not stuffy at all. Had the best burger I have had for a very long time (and I do know my good from my bad when it comes to burgers!). Also had a side of delicious guacamole which was better than my homemade one!! Ate with my three daughters aged from 13 - 20 and they all enjoyed it too. Service very good and polite staff, done and dusted by 7.00 but not rushed at all - but did not have time for puddings which did look very good. All in all a great success and not too expensive for the quality and quantity. Highly recommend it with or without kids - did notice there were some smaller children eating and had a kids menu too. Made a pleasant change to the either very expensive restaurants or themed pubs in London.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank beachgoddesssomerset
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, even better service”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just finished lunch at Bbar and I can barely move. The most wonderful, juicy burger followed by a huge slice of delicious cheesecake. Can't think of a more enjoyable meal in Victoria...and I've been working here for 3 years.

The service is excellent - attentive without being a distraction and possibly the friendliest, most amiable crew in London. They were all fab, but Marika deserves a special mention...I blame her for my eating the cheesecake :)

Cannot recommend this place enough.

in short - GO THERE!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Simon K
Sunbury-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Straightforward food served well and with a smile”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Unfortunately it seems to be the exception in England to find straightforward food served well AND with a smile. Bbar managed to achieve all this during our visit. Their menu wasn't extensive, perhaps slightly too burger-heavy, but was more than adequate. Our meals though (cheese burger, cobb salad) were prepared just right and presented attractively. And my side order of chunky chips was one of the best portions of chips I've had in a very long term. Add to this staff who seemed genuinely pleased to see us, it all made for a very enjoyable after work meal experience. We'd definitely return to Bbar next time we're in the Victoria/Buckingham Palace area.

• Visited March 2013