“Delicious food great ambiance”
Review of Bbar

Bbar
Ranked #226 of 22,674 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African, European
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Westminster
somerset
“Delicious food great ambiance”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Visited here on April 03 2012 before going to the Victoria Palace Theatre for evening performance. Arrived at 6 - show at 7.30! Staff really attentive had a lovely table and assured us we would eat etc in time! Ambiance really nice and calm with an African theme but not tacky at all - in fact expected a more pub like atmosphere but really pleasantly surprised - felt quite upmarket but not stuffy at all. Had the best burger I have had for a very long time (and I do know my good from my bad when it comes to burgers!). Also had a side of delicious guacamole which was better than my homemade one!! Ate with my three daughters aged from 13 - 20 and they all enjoyed it too. Service very good and polite staff, done and dusted by 7.00 but not rushed at all - but did not have time for puddings which did look very good. All in all a great success and not too expensive for the quality and quantity. Highly recommend it with or without kids - did notice there were some smaller children eating and had a kids menu too. Made a pleasant change to the either very expensive restaurants or themed pubs in London.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank beachgoddesssomerset

• Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Brilliant food, even better service”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Just finished lunch at Bbar and I can barely move. The most wonderful, juicy burger followed by a huge slice of delicious cheesecake. Can't think of a more enjoyable meal in Victoria...and I've been working here for 3 years.

The service is excellent - attentive without being a distraction and possibly the friendliest, most amiable crew in London. They were all fab, but Marika deserves a special mention...I blame her for my eating the cheesecake :)

Cannot recommend this place enough.

in short - GO THERE!!!

1 Thank Simon K
Sunbury-On-Thames, United Kingdom
“Straightforward food served well and with a smile”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Unfortunately it seems to be the exception in England to find straightforward food served well AND with a smile. Bbar managed to achieve all this during our visit. Their menu wasn't extensive, perhaps slightly too burger-heavy, but was more than adequate. Our meals though (cheese burger, cobb salad) were prepared just right and presented attractively. And my side order of chunky chips was one of the best portions of chips I've had in a very long term. Add to this staff who seemed genuinely pleased to see us, it all made for a very enjoyable after work meal experience. We'd definitely return to Bbar next time we're in the Victoria/Buckingham Palace area.

1 Thank Ian L
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

As a treat for my twin daughters 18th birthday we went to see Billy Elliott at Victoria Palace Theatre. My plan was to book an aftertoon high tea at Ruben's hotel but the timing did not work out. Instead we went to Bbar and had a fantasic meal, with friendly and very efficient staff.
Our waitress Catherine surprised us by bringing four glasses of sparking wine to our table (on the house!) as part of our celebrations. I highly recommend Bbar for a sophisticated ambience, gorgeous food and very nice staff.

1 Thank Linda915
Stafford, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pre-theatre dinner”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was part of a red-letter day theatre package to see Billy Elliott at the Victoria Palace theatre, just down the road. We were delighted to find that a special "one off" indian buffet was on offer on the evening that we were there.....we were told that we could select from this instead of the usual pre-theatre menu, and it was delicious! We paid a little extra for puddings, as we were only allowed two courses in the package, but it was well worth it....they too were delicious! My only gripe would be the cost of drinks (which I know is often a problem when eating out). I was charged £9-50 for a (large) glass of Sauvignon (it was very good though!) One little extra point.....just after we left, we had gone a few hundred yards down the road when our waitress (Marika) came running after us, waving a piece of paper.......I had left the confirmation voucher for our theatre tickets on the table in the restaurant!!! Well done Marika...thankyou!!!

1 Thank M_M186377