“Food average...cocktails awful....overpriced for what it is.”

All Bar One New Oxford Street
Ranked #7,086 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Bloomsbury
Description: All Bar One New Oxford Street is a stylish city bar where you can catch up with friends, unwind after work or simply find a sophisticated space to indulge in an excellent selection of food. Within easy reach of The Dominion Theatre, Drury Lane, Shaftesbury Avenue and Tottenham Court Rd, All Bar One New Oxford Street is the perfect place to meet up with friends or unwind with work colleagues. Of all the bars in London, we've got the right blend of food, drink and atmosphere at any time of day.
gottaluvflying
“Food average...cocktails awful....overpriced for what it is.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

My daughter & I stopped off here as we had about an hour and a half to kill before the show we were going to see in the Dominion Theatre started. Food was very average for the price we paid...have to say they do special offers of two courses for only £10....but not on the night we were there (Friday) ....seems it's only available Sun-Thurs...unfortunately for us! My daughter had the pad Thai & she said it was just average....nothing special at all. Lacking in taste & flavour. My meal was ok.....but again nothing special....could have done with larger portions as they were on the mean side. Our biggest gripe was when we ordered cocktails.....a mojito for me & the raspberry mojito for my daughter. Yuck is all I can say! The girl who made them clearly didn't have a clue & whatever she did...she certainly did not know how to make a mojito!
At almost £20 for the two cocktails this simply wasn't good enough. It IS a bar after all!
I pointed out to the girl that these cocktails just weren't right & tasted really strange. She offered no apology whatsoever & proceeded to taste them....wrinkling her nose at the taste...saying nothing & then going off to speak to a young guy. He was nice & apologised....he then talked her through the 'how to make a mojito properly' routine. All very well but surely that should have been done before she was put out front of house to paying customers?!
Credit to the guy....the ones he made to replace the disgusting original cocktails were very good.

• Visited September 2013

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Good Food, quick service, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

My wife and I visited after a trip to the theatre Saturday afternoon. We found a table quite easily and got served quickly. The food was good and the service was excellent. the prices were reasonable although the beer was a bit pricey, you have to expect it in a central London bar.

Nevertheless it was a nice end to a great afternoon out.

• Visited August 2013
“For our first fish & Chips”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

We went inside first for the decor. We order the famous Fish and Chips. The fish was good but the Chips...So, So. We don't eat the pees they give neither.The server was very polite and we did have a good service.

1 Thank Sylvie-chouchoune
Clevedon, United Kingdom
“Just the ticket”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Having just arrived in London and needing a quick meal we dropped into this bar where we found the food was very tasty and well presented with quick and efficient service. The menu had something for everyone from snacks to full blown meals and a good selection at that. The set up is excellent with a very attractive wall of wine bottles and shiny metal topped tables, everywhere was clean and tidy and it could not be faulted. The girl who served us was always smiling and cheerful and looked after us as though we were royalty. I would without doubt recommend this to all my friends

1 Thank Davidpostie
London, United Kingdom
“Second visit - just as good as the first”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Having enjoyed my visit here last time I decided to go again before seeing We Will Rock You at the nearby Dominion Theatre. My son and I both had Fish and Chips plus a skewer of Haloumi cheese. The food was nicely cooked and very fresh.
I'll be back again!