“Consistent quality ”

Stone's Fish and Chips
Ranked #7,216 of 27,721 Restaurants in London
Reviewed March 16, 2019 via mobile

Everytime I visit London I go to Stones for fish and chips.
Owner manager now remembers me!
Had lunch special this visit.

So fresh, batter perfect for me (not too greasy) and double cooked chips delicious.

Easy walk from tube and rail stations if you don't live in Acton.

Date of visit: March 2019
2  Thank Paul H

Reviewed March 1, 2019 via mobile

Top quality fish and chips, homemade tartare sauce to die for! Regularly eat here would highly recommend

Reviewed February 16, 2019 via mobile

This chip shop is amazing, from the tasty batter of the fish, to the double cooked chips and let’s not leave out the coconut cream home made chicken and mushroom pie. I refuse to ever eat my fish from any where else in london. They also have these amazing in-house chips made on the day that are to good to resist. I can’t wait to go back and try something else on the menu next time.

1  Thank halli_30
Reviewed February 13, 2019 via mobile

A random fish and chip visit to stones turned in to a top notch lunch experience, some of the tastiest fish and double cooked chips I have had in the south of england , it was a pleasure to be served by a passionate owner who cares about the food he served .
Highly recommended

1  Thank davidcW7218LD
Reviewed October 12, 2018 via mobile

Made a special effort during Friday evening rush hour to sample this Fish and Chip shop in Acton. Very reasonably priced. Great tasting crispy outside fluffy inside chips but it was really let down by the battered Veggie burger. Tasted like Bubble and Squeak with bits of red pepper mixed in as an afterthought then deep friend in batter. It was really undercooked and mushy... was cold in the centre ( have a look at the photos) and the bap accompanying it tasted dry and chalky. So I ate a quarter of it in the car then threw the rest away (Grimace). I KNOW my veggie burgers based on devouring all varieties of it all my entire life. They Should have added some grains and tofu to give it some texture!! The set portion of veggie burger and sml chips costs £5. Still hungry after that fiasco with the burger, I went back to the shop and bought a battered mozzarella ball for £2. The batter was thick and the piping hot mozzarella gooey and gorgeous!! I was surprised to see kebab taking pride of place on the menu as no self respecting traditional English affair chippies will ever have THAT competing with beer battered cod and chips!!!

In my opinion, I have had better tasting chips elsewhere. Toffs in muswell Hill, Chris’s of Turnham Green and Golden Union in Soho for instance are 3 of the best tasting which I have raved on and on about in previous reviews!! I do take my chips seriously!!

Date of visit: October 2018