Tripadvisor
London

“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Review of Masala

Masala
Ranked #1,238 of 27,498 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Description: Small family run restaurant and take-away providing home style Indian food in the heart of Earl’s Court. Providing a range of delicious street food snacks (pakoras, samosas, kebabs), authentic biryani and traditional curries. We use halal meat and also cater for vegetarians and vegans.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went to this little gem after a Jack the Ripper tour in late January 2019. It actually rained and snowed during the tour and my friend and I were cold, wet & tired and hungry by the end. It was a toss up between Fish & Chips in Whitechapel or a good Indian feed, which London is famous for. As we were heading out early the next day on a day trip we wanted something close to the hotel, that wasn't too expensive. We used Google and this appeared to be the closest. It's not much to look at from the outside, but please don't be discouraged, Food was fabulous, service was great and I could have sat there for hours stuffing my face. It was so great that I seriously thought about going back and having an early lunch before my trip by to Australia. Will definitely search out this little gem if I am ever lucky enough to go back to London.

Date of visit: February 2019
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed January 10, 2020

Been here once previously when on a trip to London. To be honest I’m entered as it looked like they needed some clients. The food was presented well and the proprietor was charming and helpful. Food was great.

I visited again this evening. You get guy behind the counter. Slightly distant in his manner. I was so excited viewing the delicious food. Last visit I bought so much.

I politely requested if one of the servings could be split. Both lamb and curry. But in one dish, so I could enjoy and decide my favourite.

The resounding response was NO.

Will not be returning.

Thank you.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed November 6, 2019

We enjoyed our meal in this restaurant, we found it to be a quiet and peaceful restaurant. More like a cantine style restaurant, but it was good food. Seems to be family run and they were also very friendly, I would happily return to eat there. Also very family friendly.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed October 27, 2019 via mobile

Lovely little find! Very pleasant, friendly and accommodating staff. Brilliantly priced food - so affordable and even more so for London. Home cooked food which is pre-cooked for the day, displayed and microwaved on request. Very simple but really does the trick! I would highly recommend!

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

Exceptional food, friendly service & reasonable prices, would highly recommend it.We have visited this restaurant on a regular basis and can not fault the quality of the food on offer with a varied choice of vegetarian options.
Check it out, you will not be disappointed.

Date of visit: October 2019