TripAdvisor
London
Post
Inbox
Search

“Lovely early evening meal ........”

Al Forno - Wimbledon
Order Online
Ranked #4,696 of 28,650 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited this restaurant with a friend for an early evening meal. The staff were very friendly and helpful - nothing was too much trouble - and the food we ordered was delivered quickly and was hot and very tasty. Couldn't really ask for more! Will definitely go to this restaurant again and will be recommending it to my friends. Well worth a visit.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank Foodie7491
Write a reviewReviews (685)

Reviewed August 30, 2019

I saw a film around the corner that went on much longer than I thought it would and I was too hungry to wait to get home to eat. I had passed Al Forno before and it looked a cheerful restaurant and so I tried it out.

I had the "small" vegetarian pizza as my main and it was one of the best pizzas I've ever had. The service was excellent too - friendly and helpful. The atmosphere was very convivial with a lot of happy customers leaving and being bid a cheery farewell by the restaurant staff.

I'm not in Wimbledon often but will make this my regular when I am there.

Thank you to the restaurant for a very enjoyable lunch.

Reviewed August 22, 2019 via mobile

This place is a little local legend. You can’t beat their pizzas (which come either normal sized or huge), their prices are reasonable and the service is charming. The moment you walk in you feel like part of the family. Definitely worth a visit

Date of visit: July 2019
1  Thank yasminshirley
Reviewed August 21, 2019 via mobile

Used to go all the time and now my wife will not go.
She ordered a steak and it came out raw not medium rare. So it went back and the Burnt it to charcoal. When the waiter saw it he took it back and then came out and said sorry the chef won’t cook you another one what else would you like.
One waiter is amazing the rest can be hit and miss like the food.
In 2019 with restaurants everywhere you need to be great and I’m sorry you aren’t anymore.

Reviewed August 21, 2019

We wanted somewhere in Wimbledon to have lunch and thought that would suit our needs.
A very nice experience. We sat outside on the small terrace on the front which was very comfortable.
Menu excellent with plenty of choice to please everyone.
Service very good and friendly, food very tasty.