“Seventh circle of hell”

Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: St. James's
Description: Dine with the stars at the vibrant Planet Hollywood London on Haymarket! A modern, trendy restaurant and late cocktail bar near Piccadilly Circus and West End theatres, Planet Hollywood London offers a mouth-watering menu and a variety of movie memorabilia for the whole family to enjoy. The glamour of Hollywood is and always has been at the heart Planet Hollywood London. Ideal for meals and parties with family, friends and colleagues, Planet Hollywood London also offers a great central location for pre or post theatre dining in the company of costumes and props from fantastic films ranging from Star Wars to Rocky to Love Actually to Gremlins. The menu at Planet Hollywood London is designed to satisfy any appetite; an international selection of popular dishes from around the world is available for you to enjoy, day or night. There are pizzas with all your favourite toppings, wholesome pasta and noodles (best accompanied with a refreshing limoncello), and irresistible burgers and sandwiches, complete with your choice of fries or salad. There are also succulent grill and seafood specialities, as well as healthy salads and a delicious choice of Asian dishes. With a late cocktail bar, themed private rooms and a resident DJ every evening from 6pm and all day at weekends, Planet Hollywood London offers a unique dining experience.
Guernsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Seventh circle of hell”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I wasn't expecting much going to this place. Yes, I'm jaded. My husband and I booked eating here as part of a theater package, and since we are both into tacky things we thought we would give it a try. The minute we walked into the place we were bombarded with very loud and very bad pop music and the voices of over 100 children. Apparently a huge school group were eating there that night and I had to literally shout and my husband and the waiter to be heard. I really wouldn't have minded the kids if it wasn't for the added loud music. Maybe they could have turned down the music or the people with the kids could have told them to stop shouting and screaming. Either way it made for a very tense atmosphere. All of the above was a shame because the food actually wasn't that bad. Since I'm originally from California, and have been to the real Hollywood quite a few times, I wasn't really impressed with the atmosphere of the place. Okay, the Terminator 2 leather jacket was cool, but when did Hollywood equal 100 screaming kids and very bad pop music?

Have to say that on top of all of this I felt very sorry for the waiters working there. I can't imagine having to deal with huge groups of screaming kids and having your hearing disabled during an 8 hour shift. Maybe instead of showing really lame pop videos on the big screens they should show movie clips? And instead of the large group room being connected to the dining area it should be totally separate so that all of the other diners don't get disturbed by hyperactive groups of kids?

• Visited January 2013

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
“Budget film food at blockbuster film prices”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Went to planet hollywood as we had capital bond vouchers. It was very busy and we had a 45 minute wait for a table which was fine. We waited at the bar and had a drink within 2 minutes. When we were seated the food was fine... Nothing more nothing less. I guess your paying more for the experience than the actual cuisine. We only went as it was free but the waitress who had been friendly throughout seemed a little put out when we paid the 75 pound bill with 80 pounds worth of capital bonds. Maybe its because she wouldn't get a tip!

Decent evening out but expensive for what it is

Falmouth, United Kingdom
“Pleasantly Suprised”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Ate here on a trip to London in December just before Christmas with our 13yr old son. I really didn't have very high expectations given that it is a large venue, part of a big chain and I normally prefer more fine dining. However I was pleasantly surprised,, it was very busy pre Christmas but the service was absolutely excellent, very attentive, cheerful and efficient.

The food was also very good, I had one of their signature dishes, the spicy fajitas and they were very good indeed, The atmosphere was very lively and fun and we had a great evening for a reasonable price.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MarkCornwall_UK
Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
“Great food, attentive staff, quick service and 20% Discount from street flyer - bargain!”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Starters, burgers, cocktails - over 2 hours spent dining - very busy but staff attentive and food server quickly, hot and cooked properly.

Massive starters - should have had 1 to share but had a starter each (oops!) - highly recommend the buffalo wings!!

10oz burger was MASSIVE in fact, I couldn't quite finish it but it was delicious.

Picked up a 20% flyer from a chap outside - as we were going in anyway - so food costs were very reasonable!!

One of my most favourite burger bars in London - always worth a visit!!

Visited January 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Fun And Lively Atmosphere”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have visited Planet Hollywood on two occasions. Both times I choose the standard cheeseburger which is amazing , you can't go here without trying a burger! My boyfriend tried the celebrity burger which I think was 10 oz, his only complaint was the bun was too small for the burger. The server also asks how well done you want the meat which is good. We had the nachos to start which were huge but very greasy we couldn't finish them I wouldn't order those again.
I love the atmosphere and mix of music and film clips. There are many things to keep you entertained. A mixed crowd of young and older people.
Service isn't on par with real American restaurants like this and our server wasn't very attentive at all but on previous visit they were so luck of the draw on that.
We paid full price and with 12.5 % service the bill for two burgers nachos and two cokes was £45 pretty steep for a burger meal so would be best going with a 2for1 and going earlier in the day.

• Visited January 2013