“Very average & the wine was watered down......not good!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Saffron

Saffron
Ranked #17,122 of 24,426 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Neighborhood: Spitalfields
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We went here for lunch on Saturday and hearing all the hype I thought it would be a wonderful experience.........no, it wasn't, my starter was tasteless, my main course was good, king prawns were delicious even though they were slightly over cooked. Very disappointed that the wine I had was watered down and tasted like the bottle had been opened for a week....will not go back.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Having had a good time shopping in Brick Lane we decided to eat there and were "invited" in to this restaurant by an enthusiastic employee!
He offered us a very good deal (£10 a head including a beer each!) and as we've been to Brick lane a few times we also know that some allow a BYO policy.
With that in mind we have a very nice bottle of red wine with us (well in the car!) so we were permitted to take it in with us with no corkage charge.
The meal was very good value although portions not huge but frankly that suited us.
It was a very pleasant experience and the service was first rate.
However if you have an aversion to carpets that are well used this might not suit!
I would have no hesitation in recommending this to anyone.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We picked this place based on the three-course lunch menu, which, though limited, seemed good value. The food was fine, though nothing special. Foolishly, we asked for drinks: one large beer, one coke (cheap stuff from a plastic bottle) and one plain lassi. When the bill came, we had an unpleasant surprise. The drinks section was not itemised; we knew how much the beer was, but the rest of the drinks charge implied that the coke and the lassi - which came in small glasses - were about £4 each. These drinks had not been on the menu and you could argue we should have asked the price before ordering. I would counter that you do not expect to be ripped off so comprehensively. With the service charge thrown in, we paid as much as might be expected in much smarter place in the West End. Beware.

1  Thank Thorkellthetall
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Disgusting food, No atmosphere and Appalling Service. When complained about the cold food was called a Mother F***er. Avoid this Restaurant!!!

4  Thank Paul G
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had enjoyed the "Alternative" Tour of the east-end and gravitated back to Brick Lane for a late lunch. Many choices and for no particular reason - except it looked nice inside - we chose Saffron. My partner is not a big fan of Indian food, but was delighted with the slightly sweet and creamy chicken curry. I had the spicy lamb and even my spice-wimp partner had a couple of bites. Prices were fair, since it was the lunch menu and the waiter even accommodated my request for a half a glass of beer to finish the meal.