“Good, but you might not find your favorites”
Review of Simply Indian

Simply Indian
Reserve with OpenTable
Simply Indian is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,585 of 22,808 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Southwark
Description: An intimate South Indian restaurant very close to Borough market in #London, where you can BYO wine and beer and not pay any corkage fee. Freshly sourced produce delivered daily. A delivery service s also available.Recently rated as top 3 Indian Restaurant in Lambeth by ThreeBestRated UK. Very busy little retaurant so always advisable to book in advance. Party menu also available for celebration bookings.
Northern Va
“Good, but you might not find your favorites”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

This restaurant was around the corner from the apartment I rented, and I love Indian cuisine so I expected to be a regular for my two week visit. Turns out I only went once.

The menu is interesting, but has few of the common dishes, such as a Murg Tikka Masala, or Paneer Makhni that I really enjoy. You might find the chef's take on the cuisine interesting, but I found the lack of staple dishes a disappointment. I finally settled on a tandoori-prepared chicken and a side of curry sauce with nan bread. The food was tasty, well prepared, and priced well, but simply not to my liking.

The staff was friendly, but not overly helpful in trying to find a dish that offered something close to what I was looking for.

• Visited June 2013

• Arabic first
UK
“Unique and exquisite take on Indian food on our doorstep!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

After moving back to London, I was excited by the fact that We were moving back to the smoke, a culinary location and no longer having to drive miles to visit a decent restaurant. I never knew about this superb Indian I would stumble across on our first evening after getting tired of unpacking, the place is less than 5 minutes walk from our front door! The staff are very friendly and helpful, they allow customers to bring their own beer and wine and all the food is freshly prepared in a surprisingly well staffed kitchen for such a small, intimate dining experience. The menu is not your standard English Ruby Murray and the flavours of the food are delicate and delicious, the only issue I have is the fact sometimes I want a very hot curry and this is not on the menu, but I'll ask for a spicy one next time and see what happens. They also deliver and I'd also recommend booking a table to avoid disappointment, especially on Friday and Saturday nights. Enjoy!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Marco_Polo
London
“Does exactly what it says on the tin!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is our local curry house and it offers good quality Indian food without the fuss.

The premises are small and clean, if a little basic. It's not a 'wow' place.

The food suits out palates, because the sauces are finer (not too creamy and thick) and the service is good. The pricing is excellent for SE1.

A real gem for a curry appreciator.

• Visited April 2013
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and great value”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Excellent food and great value. Staff are friendly and it was only 5 minute walk from the apartments.

Visited December 2012
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Authentic”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great meal. Good value. Proper food.

BYOB is great.

Good service and good atmosphere.

Will definitely be visiting again.

• Visited April 2013