“a good safe bet”

Strada - Barnes
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2013

although you will not find the menu hugely extensive it has pizza, pastas and some other main dishes and a reasonable price and is accompanied by consistent good service. Being a chain you know always what you will get ! a night off cooking....
i don't go for lunch but it is very busy then.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I think this place provides what you expect for a branch of a chain of middle piece restaurants. The food is pretty good. The staff are generally excellent and friendly. The food is rather bland but perhaps this is in keeping with the overall concept; bland food for bland people?

The location is very handy for the station and as a venue after a bit of a walk.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Second time here. Last time I raved about it, this time it's not so hot. I can't really put my finger on why, the food was enjoyed by everyone, the wait staff were fine, perhaps a little slow, they forgot my vegetable order (but gave me a free beer to apologise) the restaurant was busy if not full.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I enjoy going to Strada because it is child friendly and the wait staff are usually very friendly and attentive.

I have found that over the past year the quality of the ingredients in the pizza has gone down significantly. The pizza dough is bland and they are very stingy with the toppings (cheese, veggies, meat etc) I think Strada needs to step it up or they might lose out to their competitors (i.e.: Pizza Express, Ask)

Reviewed February 18, 2013

This restaurant has a nice location and convenient parking and buses but sadly the food and service let it down as the food was indifferent & bland and the service poor.

We ordered our food & asked for a jug of cold tap water and two glasses. A simple enough request you'd think but fulfilling it proved impossible as apparently they have insufficient jugs to leave any on tables. 2 glasses of water with ice cubes arrived but the glasses were still hot from the dishwasher. The next attempt resulted in cooler water but no jug. Having finished one glass of water we asked for another - this time they arrived tepid and without any ice at all! We gave in & settled for a glass of ice cubes to add to them.....

The food was little better as although our Seafood Linguini's had a good quantity of mussels, clams, prawns and a calamari ring or two, the pasta was overcooked, was distinctly on the cool side of warm and the whole dish lacked any flavour. Having regularly eaten this dish in other Strada branches I can only conclude that this branch had insufficient garlic and chilli to put any in my meal. At £12.95 a dish excluding service this is simply not good enough. We ate the food as we were hungry & the saga of trying to get cold water made us conclude that a 2nd attempt might not result in any improvement in the food.

The chances of a return visit are slim.