“We'll be back”

Tas Borough High Street
Ranked #1,827 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Southwark
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

We are really glad that we came across this restaurant. From the minute we walked inside we were made to feel welcome and our server was very polite, attentive and happy!! The restaurant itself is very clean and well lit and we were more than pleased with the variety of food available to order from the menu.

Our order ranged from a meze selection, main course meals, a desert, wine and beer. Our only grumble was being charged £4.25 for (albeit they were very tasty) three small baklava’s!

Other than that, this is a very reasonably priced authentic Turkish restaurant that gets our thumbs up.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank TAE467

London
“Nice Turkish restaurante”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

Good food, good menu. Nothing amazing but the place is rather clean and the lunch time menu is very affordable.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Southwark74
London
“Huge disappointment for a Christmas party”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

I had never eaten in this style restaurant before and was looking forward to it. We had it as our venue for our work Christmas meal. We were a large group (19) but had booked and paid well in advance with the Christmas menu.

The restaurant was nice and clean - but that's all that was good. After being seated at 1930 we got our drinks.....starters eventually arrived at about 2030 and came in dribs and drabs with no explanation of what was what. The main meals eventually came at around 2130, by which time people simply had to leave. Some people had to leave before the mains arrived, and we all left before dessert came.

The management did not apologise at any time and one particular waiter stood out as rude and argumentative. We were told 'its not our fault'. Whose fault was it??

The food was average at best - service appalling. I would never go back and would suggest others avoid it.

1 Thank Travelbuddies100
Bexley, United Kingdom
“Christmas party NOT to remember…”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

One of my work colleagues organised the Christmas party (approx 16 people) this year at this restaurant; and while no reflection on that person, it was probably one of the worst services I’ve ever had for a ‘group meal’

Initially on entering I was impressed; the décor is bright and clean and a warm welcome. We were booked for a long table in a downstairs section of the restaurant and while a little more ‘closed in’ feeling it was still pleasant

Everyone was seated at the booked time and no issues at approx. 7:30pm.

The party menu consisted of a selection of cold and warm starters to share and an individual choice of main and deserts to finish. The order for mains and drinks were taken relatively timely but then this is when it started to go downhill.

At approx. 8:10pm, no drinks and no starters; this was supposed to be a party atmosphere and a Christmas meal and a few drinks with colleagues was what the event was all about.

When the starters finally started to arrive (almost an hour after we had sat!) they were un ceremoniously put in front without any explanation of what each of the dishes were (ok I can understand it’s a busy time, but it would have been nice to know); by this time I was too hungry to care and started.

To keen this fair the food was actually quite nice. Not enough to change my mind about the rating though.

We were now well into an hour and a half of taking our seats and we had still not seen our mains. I also noticed another ‘party’ of people who had been already eating their starters as we sat down starting to grumble about where their mains were; considering that were there before us I wasn't hopeful that we were going to get ours any time soon.

It was now approx. 9:10pm and I had still not seen my main!

One end of the table started to grumble too saying that the service charge was not an option of being paid, clearly things were going wrong.

One of my colleagues asked the 2 main front of house staff how long the meal would be, one (a female) looked at him if he had slapped her in the face and carried on with another table; the other said 10 minutes.

I set my watch.

It was now 9:30pm. I had been sitting for 2 hours had only 1 drink and only finished the starters after an hour and a half! The 10 minutes up, with no apology or explanation, I got up, said goodnight and left – forfeiting the rest of the meal that I had already paid for in advance. I’ve never been so disappointed in a Christmas service on all the years I’ve been going to Christmas parties!

Tas – You have a high rating of your restaurant on tripadvisor; so I hope that this poor review will highlight your ‘party’ shortcomings; the food maybe nice but the service was terrible – ruining a rare occasion to relax with my work colleagues.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Graham B
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Good on so many levels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Staying in London on business, on my own, don't know where to go. Find this place on Trip Advisor and after seeing my hotel restaurant so empty decided to go for it.

Pleasantly busy - vibrant but not packed and enough space to cope with a crowd. Warm welcome, mentioned it was my first visit, was re-assured and waiter gave really straight forward advice. Wasn't over-sold anything and as they brought bread, olives and dips I decided to skip a starter (great dip by the way - authentic). Food came promptly but I was not rushed and asked for extra chilli dip (more of a relish but not the stuff from a jar or bottle you might be thinking of).

Really fragrant food, very tender meat and a portion size that made you think it might not be enough - but it is; the sign of good food I think.

Two beers, water, bread, olives dip, mixed grill, £20 including service charge. Half what I paid last night in a hotel (which was good but in comparison not great value).

Go to this restaurant; nice people, authentic food, great value.

• Visited December 2012