“Gorgeous food, couldn't get enough of it”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Brasserie

La Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
La Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,063 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Drinks, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Transit: Tube: South Kensington Busses From Kings road, Town Hall Stop
Description: Bringing timeless Parisian chic across the Channel, La Brasserie has stood as a landmark London eatery since 1972. A refreshingly simple menu showcases time-honoured European recipes, alongside a high-end selection of boutique wines, and cocktails served from the fabulous bar. Sumptuous chef's specialities include plat du jours and seasonal menus, or classic French onion soup and beef bourguignon.
London, United Kingdom
“Gorgeous food, couldn't get enough of it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

We had far too much food here because it was all so gorgeous. My friend had the scallops which looked stunning on the plate and she was very complimentary of the pea puree it was served on. I opted for the Gravad-lax which was delicious (and so generous for a starter!).

My friend had the steak for her main which was cooked to perfection and she was very complimentary also about the red cabbage which she ordered with it. I chose the Guinea Fowl and it was exactly what I was hoping for; succulent and tender. I loved the combination with the sprout puree (which I'm normally not a huge fan of but I did really like with this), super crispy potato rosti and the roast sulsify (so tasty!).

For dessert we both picked the Coupe Poire which in comparison to the other courses we liked a little less (there was a red sauce that made it a tad too sweet) but we still enjoyed it and it was a lovely light finish to the meal.

We received a lovely friendly service as well and really liked the restaurant's setting, which looked aptly French. Will happily return.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and I discovered La Brasserie by chance when visiting London; we enjoyed a late breakfast here on a warm Spring day. Located in a very expensive and upmarket part of London, so the prices are high (particularly for visitors to London). Good service, good food and very pleasant French-style surroundings. We will certainly come again.

Carshalton, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending La Brasserie to friends and family. I went for afternoon tea recently and both the food and drink and the service from the staff were faultless. We were a large group and still the attention to detail felt the same as if we had just been a small group of 2 or 3. Highly recommended and very grateful for a fabulous afternoon.

London, United Kingdom
“Afternoon tea, french style!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I had my first visit to La Brassiere last week and had the best afternoon tea I have ever had. Gorgeous food (delicious finger sandwiches, scones with Clotted cream and Jam and beautiful little fruit tarts), great atmosphere and friendly attentive staff, I will definitely be going back.

Rotherham, England, United Kingdom
“Delicious afternoon tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

Recently joined a huge group of work colleagues for a special celebration and La Brasserie certainly ticked all the boxes. Great atmosphere, friendly, attentive staff and delicious food.
I would definitely recommend this venue for anyone wanting to celebrate a special event or if you're just wanting somewhere lovely to treat yourself!