“Pretty authentic”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: South Kensington
Transit: Tube: South Kensington Busses From Kings road, Town Hall Stop
Description: Bringing timeless Parisian chic across the Channel, La Brasserie has stood as a landmark London eatery since 1972. A refreshingly simple menu showcases time-honoured European recipes, alongside a high-end selection of boutique wines, and cocktails served from the fabulous bar. Sumptuous chef's specialities include plat du jours and seasonal menus, or classic French onion soup and beef bourguignon.
Reviewed August 25, 2013

In spite of several changes of ownership over the years this brasserie has managed to retain its authentic French flavour. It also has, for me, the best baguettes this side of the Channel. Excellent food and excellent atmosphere.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I noted the reviews and questioned if they were at the same restaurant - I have eaten at La Brasserie many times, lunch, afternoon teas, and a number of dinners.. and always experienced great service and wonderful food...

Last week was no exception as I celebrated life with 3 other friends. The champagne was delicious, served at a perfect temperature. I got nothing but smiles and a few laughs from the waiter. I loved the Gazpacho, the steak is always a favourite and the choc pots - O M G - what can I say - yum and yum and just the right size to leave you wanting more but not feeling like you have over indulged and ruined the experience.
We had a St Emilion which was wonderful.
The atmosphere was perfectly pitched and everyone on form ... for a Tuesday night it was buzzing.

La Bras is a friendly place, thats not poncy.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Table of 8, on a relatively busy but not crazy night. I thought the quality of the food was good, but the service was poor, I mean very poor. I do not want to have to ask for service each and every time, this should come naturally. When I asked the hostess for service, she gave me the look, and if that look could kill, I would not be sitting here writing this today! There is no need to be rude to me, I simply asked for some attention, I did not complain, I wasn't rude, I was very polite..... just simple and plain attention. If you take £50 from me, I expect something back, too much asked? Sorry to let you down La Brasserie, but you won't see me for a while.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Just because it's called La Brasserie doesn't make it French. Food was of a particularly poor standard. Service was brusk. And I don't like the, seemingly, common practice round here for adding a 13.9% 'dscretionary' service charge. The menu and the place felt tired. Nothing there to bring me back.

(Extra annoyed with myself as I walked past Bibendium to go here. Argh!)

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Unfriendly welcome, dour service, food well below standard and increased prices. What has happened to this place that used to be so "French" and very good?