“Not the Wagamama we know”
Review of Wildwood

Wildwood
Ranked #6,131 of 23,995 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Felt like in a canteen and the set up is utterly disappointing. The food was also disappointing. Maybe it's the branch and not the chain. Fist and last for us

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visited Wildwood (Canary Wharf) with a friend on a Wednesday evening. I have had some negative experiences with restaurants around Canary Wharf, especially the service, but Wildwood was very nice!

I can only really review the pasta dishes because I ordered spaghetti bolognese, and my companion the spaghetti with meatballs. These were very yummy - well cooked pasta and tasty sauce. Simple! It was definitely a touch nicer than the average Italian food I've found at chains, and most importantly, it was NOT overly salty! We also enjoyed the chips with rosemary salt.

The service was friendly, and they were very quick at bringing us the menu, food, bill, clearing plates etc. but without interrupting myself and my friend or trying to rush us.

The ambience is also very nice.

1  Thank Sarah S
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Busy loud refectory affair where customers are forced to share tables, eat poor japanese food prepared and served by eastern europeans from paper placemats and pay over the odds for the privilege.

My advise vist Wasabi instead, better food that you can chose to eat wherever you please.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Popped into this restaurant for a quick lunch. 10 minute wait for a table but this was prime-time Lunch hour on a Friday. Once seated the service was fast and efficient. Usual food which tasted lovely. Nice beer to wash it all down. Perfect lunchtime experience.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wildwood is close to work, reasonably priced with good food and they're usually quick enough to go to in an hour long lunch break. This is why it has been our lunch treat of choice for almost a year. I'd always recommend booking as they seem to be quite busy, with disappointed queues of people who turn up at 12pm with 6 people and can't find a seat...until recently....
We were seated quickly and there were also several vacant tables indicating that they were having a slack day. We were sat at a table near the food servery and asked for our drinks order which came quickly. We then ordered our food and waited, and waited, and waited. After 40 minutes (and several people getting up to draw attention to themselves) we were told our food was just seconds away and that we were next to be served...Another 10 minutes later our food arrived. Hot enough, nice enough (apart from my blue cheese was missing from my burger and my friends fries were really greasy!) but we had to rush it down in 10 minutes to get back to the office. Others around us were also looking fed up, asking where their food had got to and having trouble settling their bill.
If the staff had told us when we arrived that they were short-staffed, we could have made a decision to stay and risk it or go elsewhere. If they had told us after we'd ordered that it would be a while, maybe we could have understood, but we weren't told anything until we asked and then we were pretty much fobbed off.
I'm really not sure what happened that day, but it left me disappointed and from a practical point of view made it impossible for me to return or recommend Wildwood to my colleagues, which is a real shame, because, as I said before, it's been great until now.