“loud but good”

Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“loud but good”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Popped into this restaurant for a quick lunch. 10 minute wait for a table but this was prime-time Lunch hour on a Friday. Once seated the service was fast and efficient. Usual food which tasted lovely. Nice beer to wash it all down. Perfect lunchtime experience.

• Korean first
Rochester
“Usually good but watch out for busy times”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Wildwood is close to work, reasonably priced with good food and they're usually quick enough to go to in an hour long lunch break. This is why it has been our lunch treat of choice for almost a year. I'd always recommend booking as they seem to be quite busy, with disappointed queues of people who turn up at 12pm with 6 people and can't find a seat...until recently....
We were seated quickly and there were also several vacant tables indicating that they were having a slack day. We were sat at a table near the food servery and asked for our drinks order which came quickly. We then ordered our food and waited, and waited, and waited. After 40 minutes (and several people getting up to draw attention to themselves) we were told our food was just seconds away and that we were next to be served...Another 10 minutes later our food arrived. Hot enough, nice enough (apart from my blue cheese was missing from my burger and my friends fries were really greasy!) but we had to rush it down in 10 minutes to get back to the office. Others around us were also looking fed up, asking where their food had got to and having trouble settling their bill.
If the staff had told us when we arrived that they were short-staffed, we could have made a decision to stay and risk it or go elsewhere. If they had told us after we'd ordered that it would be a while, maybe we could have understood, but we weren't told anything until we asked and then we were pretty much fobbed off.
I'm really not sure what happened that day, but it left me disappointed and from a practical point of view made it impossible for me to return or recommend Wildwood to my colleagues, which is a real shame, because, as I said before, it's been great until now.

London, United Kingdom
“Definitely better than expected”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We were after a reasonably priced eatery in Canary Wharf. Having previously walked past Wildwood, we decided to give it a try.

We were greeted as soon as we arrived. There were many staff and they were all good. We had duck pizza and fish casserole. Both were tasty and portion size was hearty.

We would definitely come back. A good casual and reasonably priced eatery.

London, United Kingdom
“Better than expected”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This restaurant has excellent food, cozy atmosphere and brilliant service. The menu is interesting and they also have a specials menu, with some unusual choices, such as thai green curry pizza, which is delicious. The wine selection is good too, and the prices are very reasonable, especially when compared to other restaurants in the area. Overall it is a great place to go, especially if you are on a budget. We were very pleasantly surprised by the place and the food tasted great. The portions are generous, and we will definitely be back soon.

Aldershot, United Kingdom
“yum good food”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

after a very long walk me and my partner decided to go hear for our dinner.
the staff were friendly and quick to take our order
i had a cheese and tomato pizza and my boyfriend had a burger with chips
my pizza was the best i have ever had tasty and a fair size
my boyfriend his burger was nice but just a little burnt which made the whole burger taste a bit burnt but the chips he said could not be faulted.
over all a very nice eating out experience