“Great food, good service”

Gaucho - Piccadilly
Ranked #556 of 22,853 Restaurants in London
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Piccadilly, Green Park
Description: In a prime location off Regent Street, Gaucho Piccadilly is an upmarket Argentinean steakhouse housed in the old wine cellars of the Mexican ambassador. The vaulted restaurant is decked out in cowhide, a knowing nod to the chunky menu full of cuts of luxury steak, including the tender Bife de Lomo, aged for six to eight weeks and then flown in from Buenos Aires. Large selection of Argentine wines, bar and late-night supper lounge.
“Great food, good service”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I visited this restaurant last night with a friend. The service was very good - the only blip being at the beginning where we had to wait around 15 minutes for our bottle of wine. After that though it seemed the manager on duty noticed and made sure we had excellent service for the rest of the evening.

The food was cooked to perfection as always and the ambience was great. I will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2013
Eivin_Berget, Manager at Gaucho - Piccadilly, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Peter,

Thank you for your review, I am glad to see you enjoyed your evening and that you felt well looked after.
I hope to welcome you back soon.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
“Disappointed”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Went for dinner there for a friends birthday . Having been to gauchos when it first opened thought it was amazing , very disappointed on a return visit the service was appalling ordered drinks and having to wait 30mins for as waitress forgot !! Service very slow although the food was not bad the service completely ruined the evening .

1 Thank Fiona M
Eivin_Berget, Manager at Gaucho - Piccadilly, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Fiona,
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. At Gaucho we hold ourselves to much higher standards and please be rest assured that I have investigated and addressed the issues you have raised with the team.
I hope that you will give us another opportunity to make your experience a more positive one. So please don't hesitate to contact me on eivin.berget@gauchorestaurants.com and I would be more than happy to make the necessary arrangements.

Regards,
Eivin
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“Great night”
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

A friend and our daughters had a great dinner. Perfectly cooked steaks, great service and decent wine. The staff were attentive without being intrusive. I have no idea of value for money as my friend insisted on paying. But I would go back again.

Visited August 2013
Eivin_Berget, Manager at Gaucho - Piccadilly, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Dear Ian,

Thank you for your review, I am glad you and your group had a great evening here at Gaucho Piccadilly. We hope to see you again soon!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Failed to live up to expectations.”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Booked a table of 4 through book a table website which was very easy to use and you get a confirmation back.
Arrived at restaurant around 7.20pm and was promptly met and seated and drinks order taken. Our friends hadn't arrived yet. Before the drinks came our friends arrived and we decided to have a drink before going through for dinner however the server had other ideas and was urging us to go through and our drinks hadn't yet arrived! I joked by saying that they needed the table and I was told that yes we only had the table for a certain amount of time as per the conditions of the booking. What conditions? I didn't see any.
We did get our drinks and we did go through to dine but the restaurant was so dark we could not read the menus with any ease. We had to put the lights from our iPhones on to read the menu.
Food was okay but really did not meet our expectations. We had eaten before at Gauchos and the food was excellent, ambience and service was good but this did not meet expectations in any way.
At no time did our server ask if we had a good meal or ask if we needed anything, we were just a transaction not a customer.
If you spend nearly £200 then you expect a good level of service and quality for that but sadly it wasn't to be. However I have saved myself some cash in the future as I won't be going back. I think if I want a steak or a grill in the future I will go to TGIs or another steak house.

2 Thank Gmfa
Eivin_Berget, Manager at Gaucho - Piccadilly, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Dear Gmfa,

I was very sorry to hear about your bad experience with us. We hold ourselves to a much higher standard and please be rest assured that I have investigated the points raised and addressed it with our staff.

Please don't hesitate to contact me on eivin.berget@gauchorestaurants.com if I can invite you back, and I will endeavour to make your experience a more positive one.

Trondheim, Norway
“Nothing special”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We had expectations of a great steak dinner, but left a bit disappointed. The place is crowded, hot, dark and very noisy. In addition our table was just by the kitchen door so we had constant traffic of waiters passing us. The steaks were OK, but not anything special. And the condiments and sauces did not score above average either. I'm sure you can find a better and more reasonably priced steak restaurants in London.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Pål L
Dear Pal L,

I am very sorry to read that your experience at Gaucho left you disappointed. We always strive to deliver the highest quality food and service. Please be rest assured that I have addressed the issues raised with staff and if I can invite you back to give us another try, please don't hesitate to contact me on eivin.berget@gauchorestaurants.com and I will endeavour to make your experience memorable.