“Great meat and service”

Gaucho - Piccadilly
Ranked #551 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Piccadilly, Green Park
Description: In a prime location off Regent Street, Gaucho Piccadilly is an upmarket Argentinean steakhouse housed in the old wine cellars of the Mexican ambassador. The vaulted restaurant is decked out in cowhide, a knowing nod to the chunky menu full of cuts of luxury steak, including the tender Bife de Lomo, aged for six to eight weeks and then flown in from Buenos Aires. Large selection of Argentine wines, bar and late-night supper lounge.
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Great meat and service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

The restaurant is centrally located almost next to Picadilly Circus.
The meat we have ordered was amazingly tasty, except for the lamb cutlets which were extremely fatty and a bit salty. We loved the service efficient and professional.
The only things we did not like it were the loud music it was difficult to have conversation at our table and the dark lights we could not almost see what we were eating.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
ireland
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Went here last week on a recommendation from friends.On arrival we were sent to wait in the bar as our table was nt ready,then waited about 20 mins before getting served a drink.There is a nice atmosphere in the bar but lighting is very dark.After 40 mins we were shown to our table which we had booked.We were given menus on arrival and then had to wait another 30 mins for our order to be taken.A waitress brings a platter with the different cuts of meat and explained which were best for our individual tastes.We waited another 40 mins for our food to arrive.The steaks were all cooked perfectly but were not as hot as we would have liked-however we were all so hungry at this stage that they were quickly devoured.We could nt face waiting for desserts .The steaks were nice but not sure I would eat here again because of the extremely poor service.

“Slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I went there as part of a group and we booked a private room. Whilst it was nice having our own area we only had one waiter which meant service to a group of 15-20 was slow to say the least.
I had been there for around 20 mins before I managed to get my first drink!

We had booked our table for 8.30pm, however by the time we had ordered it was 10pm and another while until the food arrived. We all ordered off their fixed £59.95 menu which consists of a starter, main and desert. Maybe I missed something when our waiter was describing each dish but my Sole in tigers milk was uncooked so not really to my liking. Then the main arrived. I had ordered fillet steak and as you would expect from an Argentine themed grill restaurant it didn't disappoint. Melt in the mouth, juicy and full of flavour. Then my desert turned up...... why did I choose the polenta with honey & figs rather than the delicious walnut panna cotta my wife had? To be honest i could have been eating cous cous! very dissapointing.
Then the bill turned up.... needless to say with the bottles of red added it wasn't cheap. Would I go there again? possibly for a special occasion but I would want to be in the private room again!

London, United Kingdom
“G8 steak n sides 7.5/10”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

Went 4 lunch, place very sleek smart g8 place 2 go 2 impress.
Argentine steakhouse .
Had the fillet 400g was cooked 2 ordered lovely, although regret not getting the tasting plate. all sides were great 2 . Not cheap but u can see the price menu outside so know what 2 expect. Waiter talked the talk , however service was pretty slow even thou was empty!
Wud return n recommend def
7.5/10

London, United Kingdom
“Best steak in London for me”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

I have been to branches of all the well-known quality steak houses in London, and in my opinion Gaucho is the best. The fillet is so tender, and does melt. The mushroom sauce (not being a particular fan of mushrooms really) is amazing! And the sides are all delicious, without being too stodgy. Particularly recommended are the chips and the spinach (again, not a huge fan of spinach normally, but they do something special here!).

I have been to Gaucho Picadilly for drinks as well as a meal with friends and a business dinner. It worked extremely well on all occasions. The restaurant is quite dark, and I'm not sure the cowskins are to my usual taste, but somehow it all works. Service is always excellent. They come and show you the different cuts of meat before you order, and explain how each is best cooked. The cooking has never been wrong for me (quite hard to please a table of 12 all wanting steak cooked in different ways!).

The bar is also a really nice, smart place to have a few drinks before a meal, or pre-theatre. The cocktails are excellent, and a good range of unusual drinks. The wine has always been superb (although on the pricey side).

The prices are quite steep, but actually not as expensive as some of the other steak houses. You will not be disappointed at what you get for your money.

Try any branch of Gaucho. They're all excellent!