“Great service”

Gaucho - Piccadilly
Ranked #561 of 22,509 Restaurants in London
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Transit: Piccadilly, Green Park
Description: In a prime location off Regent Street, Gaucho Piccadilly is an upmarket Argentinean steakhouse housed in the old wine cellars of the Mexican ambassador. The vaulted restaurant is decked out in cowhide, a knowing nod to the chunky menu full of cuts of luxury steak, including the tender Bife de Lomo, aged for six to eight weeks and then flown in from Buenos Aires. Large selection of Argentine wines, bar and late-night supper lounge.
Epsom, United Kingdom
“Great service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I visited here with my husband and his mum for her birthday. Friendly greeting at reception, took our coats and we were then seated in the bar for a drink. It was busy with a good ambience and Efficient table service, we were then taken to our dining table up two flights of stairs. Busy dining area, with cow hides covering the walls and chairs. We were shown a large wooden platter of the steaks and were talked through the cuts and the best way to have them cooked, great touch. Thyme covered fries were tasty, tomato salad was really fresh and coloured carrots were lovely. My crushed new potatoes were cold and the waitress overheard me mention this to my husband, immediately picked them up, apologised and went to get another hot bowl full. The manageress also came over very quickly apologised and said we would not be charged. I hadn't even made a direct complaint to them, but just a comment to my husband. This was great customer service and for that alone I would return. My husbands ribeye was tender and tasty, my mother in law thought her medallion of fillet was great, but although my fillet lomo was tasty, it was not the most tender I have ever had. At the end of the meal my mother in law was brought a glass of champagne as the waitress had overheard us wish her a happy birthday, nice touch.
Customer service here cannot be faulted and I will be back.

• Visited January 2013

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
london
“Crazy place - but in a good way”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Gaucho Piccadilly is one of my favourite places to eat. It's huge, it's noisy, it's hectic, it's a bit trashy and vulgar - but all of that just adds to the ambience. You will eat some of the best steak you'll ever have in your life here. The Argentinian wine selection is amazing. Staff are incredibly knowledgable and helpful. Great place for a special occasion.

• Visited November 2012
London
“Gaucho experience”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We tried the steak selection. FAB.
Great service, ambience and good value.
I can recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Visited January 2013
Dubai
“Excellent,excellent, excellent!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went there when we were in London for a weekend break. he first impressions were very good from the greeting we got when we entered the restaurant, to the person who seated us and the serving staff, were all excellent. the atmosphere was great and the interior of the restaurant was different!! The steak was one of the best we have ever had! And not overpriced like some steak restaurants can be! We would definitely go back!

• Visited January 2013
Kopervik, Norway
“Love it”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My third visit to Gaucho Piccadelly, and I am still waiting to have a dining experience to match some of the negative comments seen here. For me - this is a real steakhouse. I love the decor, the "cut" presentations, the music - and last but not least - the quality of the food and cooking. The meat is in my experience alwas cooked perfectly in line with order (in my case either medium rare or rare depending on cut) and tastes great. Love the "Humita" side order (Roasted pumpkin and sweet corn,
served in a corn husk).