“Horseshoe - unlucky for some”
Review of The Horseshoe

The Horseshoe
Reserve with OpenTable
The Horseshoe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4,971 of 23,580 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Brew Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

This restaurant came fairly highly recommended but sadly failed to perform to a level that will ensure its survival in the over populated restaurant market in London. I have no issues with a limited menu - it often means that the dishes are well prepared and carefully cooked - however if you have a limited menu you need to be able to supply it and not run out of 2 of the starters and 2 of the mains by 8-30!!! Perhaps tainted by this experience it was almost inevitable that my prawns were rather tasteless and the pheasant was not top draw. I doubt I shall visit again and perhaps we just hit a bad night o

Reviewed November 14, 2013

lovely place to have a couple of drinks with some mates. Would highly recommend visiting... good bar snacks!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I have to unfortunately agree with the most recent reviews here. This place has always been a bit hit or miss but as a Hampstead local the food has often been pretty good. However: on our most recent visit on a cold, wet, dreary November Saturday lunchtime - everything matched the weather. From the sweet but hapless waitress who seemed to have a hearing problem…to the waitress with an attitude who seemed to take it personally when we asked where the fresh raspberries (clearly listed on the menu) were that should have accompanied our brioche, jam and mascarpone…to the cheeseburger that arrived without cheese (told the hapless but sweet waitress but she did not seem to hear)….Oh dear. Then we get to the loos situated next to the kitchen downstairs surrounded by a greasy, wet floor. Horrid. You really do need to get your act together Horseshoe - start by employing a visible manager of sorts to get your staff into shape - and their attitude to customers also. Then see to the bathrooms.

1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

We have eaten here over several years and, normally, we've enjoyed everythstsing. Last week, that changed a bit. We dropped in for a couple of glasses of wine. I ordered and knew what I was going to pay. However, first the barman used nasty little glasses. Oddly, an Australian next to me chipped in a comment and the glasses were changed. But, for ��7.50 per glass, the amount delivered was terrible. No measure was used and my guess is that there was about 125ml, at best. We felt ripped off, totally. The "take" per bottle must be at least ��50. That's profiteering. This place should be better than that.

1  Thank IOWman
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stop here frequently on the way from the tube and the service is so rude. Not sure the bartenders aren't trained to not look you in the eye, nor say thanks. It's a pleasure to not tipp them. Do love the beer selection and the location but we dread going in there.