“Don't be cheated”

Neighborhood: Soho
London
“Don't be cheated”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I bought some hand-made dumplings in this restaurant. They told me they are going to make it and I can collect in 1 hour later. And when I go back, they told me they don't know who I am and they don't like to give me back my dumplings or money. What a cheating restaurant !!! I lost money, GUYS please don't go this restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank Sam S

Las Vegas, Nevada
“Best Dumplings in the World”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

With months of experience in China, the dumplings made in Jen Cafe were without a doubt the best we ever had.
Simple - no fuss, small plastic chairs, just sit, eat and enjoy!

• Visited January 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not bad!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Not bad, but in the are there are definitely better places to go. Got a soup of the day (good), a crispy pork (average) and of course dumplings! The waiter was standing next to our table looking in our plates while we were eating, could be normal for them but I just felt uncomfortable. I don't think I'll be back..

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awful place”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

The staff speaks terrible and incomprehensible English. Even though they are known for their dumplings - I had fried vegy ones as well as pork - both were tasteless - just horrendous. The duck with noodles was made with cheap products and it still had its bones - I was surprised it wasn't still alive in the plate. Last but not least , hygenie was at its worst.

1 Thank Stann93
London, United Kingdom
“Fun Little Dumpling Adventure - Just don't expect amazing serivce.”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I love the place. The little crazy old ladies always end up losing part of my order but hey, I'm expecting the loss of translation because they're being intensively focused on the food.

It's great. Can be super salty if you're not careful, but man, I love that stuff. Beijing dumplings, chinese broccoli, and the pork cabbage soup are all my favourites.

Tap water comes in this absurdly tiny plastic cup. Bottled water comes in larger portions, though. For sugary drinks, Coke and delicious bubble tea are always there.

Also, please don't bring groups of four or more. Two people ideal, and expect to share a table with a stranger - it's a tiny place. Hey, it's pretty cool to eat next to the lady making the dumplings in the window nearby.

• Visited December 2012